Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you went into labor....

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you have bloody show?

Options:

YES - The day I went into labor

YES - but labor came a few days later

NO - I never had a bloody show

OTHER

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

...did you have a light bloody show? I know that's usually the mucas plug. I was just wondering how COMMON it is to have that show when actually being in labor.

KairiLilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Megara
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:00 PM
I voted day I went into labor - it was 12 hours before, that evening, then I woke up in labor the next morning.
stellarluna
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM

two out of three of my kids I didn't have the bloody show until I was about to push.  with my second, my water broke, and I had the bloody show the morning before that.

truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM

You will have a true bloody show once in labor it is from cervical dilation causing blood vessels to burst and mixing with the mucous in your vagina.  I had mine while I was in labor at the hospital. 

Sabre_S
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I actually lost my mucous plug a month before giving birth. I was dilated to a 2 for about 5 weeks. I was so hopeful when I lost it that labor was really coming finally...but it didn't for awhile for me unfortunately.

starrymonkey
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Not that I noticed... but I was having some serious um... let's say bowel cleansing :-)  So I might have legitimately not noticed.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

K.a.C.87
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:07 PM

other - csection with first, induced with 2nd.

alishabear0808
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM

With the #1 and #2 no, with #3 it was very light the night before he was born, #4 was about as bad as a period at 31 weeks i carried hi to 36 weeks, #5 was not light but not heavy either, she was born 2 days later

SillyJessi
by on May. 3, 2010 at 2:51 AM

With my first son I never noticed my mucous plug, and trust me I was looking for it!!  I think it might have either come out in pieces, or perhaps disturbed during a vaginal exam, or perhaps removed altogether at my last vaginal exam when the CNM did a possible membrane sweep.  I also never noticed any bloody show in labor.  My birth experience was hospitalized and unfortunately, i was not very involved in the process or aware of the little things like that.

HOWEVER...  I lost my mucous plug at 40 weeks exactly with my 2nd son.  It was not bloody.  It was a perfect quarter-sized blob, and looked like vaginal discharge, swirly clear and pale yellow.

4 weeks and 4 days later, I actually went into labor.  About 3 minutes before my bag of waters was bulging and visible, I had a contraction squatting over a white towel and saw several drops of bright red blood, I remember counting them as they hit, there were four lol.  I got excited because then I knew my cervix was probably almost all the way and my baby would be out soon!  Then my water broke (over the toilet during the next contraction), my son's head crowned on the next contc, and shoulders the one after that.

J4mii3
by on May. 3, 2010 at 2:54 AM

I was 4cm dilated for a month... I had a couple bloody shows. Docs  said it was normal for it to be dragged out for a few days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)