• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is what ive heard true?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

Is neosporine safe during pregnancy?

My doctor told me even the slightest scratch I have to report to her! every single one! is this really neccessary? I was looking throught a drawer and got stabbed by a tack. it barely bled but does sting I assume I can put no and a bandage and be fine i really dont need to report every single little thing? I have snakes so I understand if I got bit by them but not for this?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

babies
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amy31308
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:03 PM

lol no, you don't need to report everything. I don't report anything to my doctor unless I feel like something could be dangerously wrong.

truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:03 PM

yes you can use neosporin and no you don't have to report every scratch to her that is weird. I fell down my stairs and didn't tell my doctor about it. 

mss119
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I sure hope it's safe, because I've used it several times!  I've never heard anything about it being unsafe, and my OB has never told me to report every little scratch to her.  Hell, I have a burn on my forearm that took like 2 weeks to close completely, because it was so bad, and I didn't even report that... and I put neosporin on it every day until it closed.  My OB saw it next time I went in and didn't even ask about it, so I think that was okay?  I dunno, maybe talk to your doctor about when they want you to report injuries to them, and streass that YOU don't need reassured, so can you just tell them major things?

MissiHampt
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I work with animals, so I get scratched and bitten all the time.  I never reported anything to the doctor.  That's a little crazy.  Unless you have some underlying condition that makes cuts and scratches different for you somehow?  And Neosporin is fine.

K.a.C.87
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM

agree with this!

Quoting MissiHampt:

I work with animals, so I get scratched and bitten all the time.  I never reported anything to the doctor.  That's a little crazy.  Unless you have some underlying condition that makes cuts and scratches different for you somehow?  And Neosporin is fine.

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, and handsome little man, Bryant Allyn (sucessful VBAC). Loving fiance to Lee. Cloth diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, NON-CIO, Non-Circumcising, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

abra
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:14 PM

ditto.

Quoting amy31308:

lol no, you don't need to report everything. I don't report anything to my doctor unless I feel like something could be dangerously wrong.

-----Wife to Bennett-----
                                      Mommy to Ophelia Grace & Mira Lorne

Working through my 3rd pregnancy with Hyperemesis

------------- Due November 2010-------------

scaredoflabor
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Thanks ladies! Doctor knows I have snakes and lizards so I assume its for the salmonela aspect. But I did ask her *you want me to report everything! even if its a stubbed toe.* and she said yes becuase it can get infected and could harm the baby.

I have prego brain I cant even remember which finger got poked lol theres no mark or anything! guess I dont need the neo. but at leastI know for next time

mommy2xp
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I didn't tell my dr when I cut myself. And it seems everytime I use a knife I cut myself.

JAIRATRACI
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM

If I had the same OB as you I would be driving her nuts. I have bites all over me that itch and when I scratch I cut the skin. I don't mean to but it happens.

Mommy to Thour Barden 02/02/02, Mikhail Reid 07/10/07, Liam Doyle 04/25/09 and Wyatt Alexander or Totari Jayne due 07/22/10

pregnancy week by week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)