• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I supposed to Buy something??

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

I'm having 2 baby showers... one on May 22nd near my house and one on June 5th about an hour away with friends from nursing school.

Am I supposed to buy/give something to the friends that host my showers?  Or is a thank you card good enough?  I had a shower with DD 6 years ago, but it was by my husband's co-workers since I was new to the area.  I just told them thank you for the shower.  

pregnancy

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyLehr
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM

you do not have to get them anything i only sent thank you cards

mss119
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Depends on how well you know them, and how much effort they put into it.  A friend of my mom's threw my shower for my oldest, and she not only hosted it at her house, she cooked a whole bunch too, so I got her a card, and in the card stated that my husband and I would like to take her out to dinner.  We ended up taking her out to dinner with my parents after Allison was born, and it was a really cool time :)

mommy2xp
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Hmmm I never thought of getting them something!i just gave them a nice thank you card and told them thanx that day and let them know how much i appreciated it. I have hosted two baby showers (one for a friend one for my cousin) and they just told me thank you 

Megara
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:37 PM
You can get a small hostess gift or a card. I had 9 (!) hostesses at my first shower and I gave them each a cute little scented votive candle in a holder.
Silvia1011
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I have a VERY limited budget, and I think I may stick to thank you cards.  But if I was to get a gift, what's something inexpensive but nice to give to 3 hostesses ?

HillaryRenee
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I love this idea. It's much more personal and allows the person time with you and baby once s/he is here :D

Quoting mss119:

Depends on how well you know them, and how much effort they put into it.  A friend of my mom's threw my shower for my oldest, and she not only hosted it at her house, she cooked a whole bunch too, so I got her a card, and in the card stated that my husband and I would like to take her out to dinner.  We ended up taking her out to dinner with my parents after Allison was born, and it was a really cool time :)

Ammie25
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I never thought of that either! My bestie (of over 10 years) just threw my Shower yesterday. Now I am thinking I'd like to get her a lil something. :)

Mrs.Loeffel
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:01 PM

i just gave mine really cute thank you cards:) be sure to make it personal too.

Chrissy9479
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM

my mom did mine and i bought her a picture frame and put a u/s picture in it, now she has a real picture of him in it lol. but it wasn't that expensive, like $5.00 or something and it was cute.

rebel_mommy09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I got my ex mil a card and a thing of the M&M's that said thank you on them. I had to buy all my games and gifts for the winners so I was broke lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)