• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommies with morning sickness...Please help

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have 2 children and havent had morning sickness with them. Right now im 13DPO and i feel random bouts of nausea. I havent thrown up yet thank god but i get the feeling and it stops at my throat. I was wondering if this might just be the beginning or will it get worse? I also have bad diahrea and just got my pos today. Please let me know any tips for keeping MS away. And if this is the beginning or not. Please help.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clovismommy25
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:49 PM

eat small meals, keep crackers by your bed and eat a few before you get up. ginger pops are great!

MikeysMom51108
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:52 PM

It's hard to say.....it could get worse, could get better, or could stay like that for a while.

Eat frequent, small meals. I always found that if I hadn't eaten in a while, or if I ate too much, I ended up sicker. It took a while to find a happy balance.

Some people say to eat crackers or drink ginger ale when you're feeling nauseous, but that never really worked for me.

Some maternity stores sell something called "preggy pops" that are supposed to help, but I never tried them.

If it gets worse, you'll want to try to stick to more bland foods. Peanut butter toast helped some when I was pregnant the first time.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Best wishes!

--Oh! For the diarrhea, make sure you're drinking lots of water so you don't dehydrate, and try eating dry toast. Anytime I get diarrhea, a couple slices of toast with nothing on them usually clears it right up!

shorty05314l
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:56 PM
That's how mine started. Not to make u worried or anything but I got ms really bad. Good luck but it went away thank god
Ballababy177
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Small frequent meals. Nothing greasy. Right before you go to bed, eat. And even before you sit up in the morning. Water, although good for you, can be harsh on an upset tummy so drink something else instead. Ginger pills (near the vitamins) help ALOT! Ginger tea, ginger cookies, ect help too. But the pills have worked the best that I've seen. I had bad MS w/ both dd n ds. W/ dd I lost 40lbs w/ ds I lost 47lbs all due to MS and was in the hospital 1x or more a week due to MS. So trust me, I know what I am talkin about lol. Good luck to you and I hope it gets better.

Erika2408
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:51 PM

First Congrats, I used sea bands this time I swear they really helped lol it sounds crazy and maybe it was all in my head...but it did help. Small meals but for the most part I just didnt really eat much and when my tummy was empty and really needed something I would get a milk shake since I could just sip on it wow it did wonders. 

tys0803
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:57 PM

With both of my pregnancies I was on 50mg of Vitamin B6 and a Unisom at night time before bed along with my prenatal and it made my MS 100% better....Good Luck...the great thing about them is both over the counter

Lullababy
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Protein is a good combatant.  Also anything salty, you produce more saliva when pg and this helps.  I am currently taking a generic zofran and it's helping me keep food in but the nausea is still there.  I was advised to start w/ dramamine but it made me so loopy.  Each pg is different and each woman.  You may never actually get sick but just feel like it.  Eat small and frequent meals.  I make a ginger "tea" with grated fresh ginger and hot water.  Sour pops and candies can help also.  I hope this helps you and congratulations.

victoriaherring
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:05 PM

you can't really keep it away i don't think.. i mean no matter what i ate or did i still had it.. i used the preggie pops which helped ease it but some days it was just too much.. i do find it true that that if you don't eat often enough or you eat too much you will feel worse.. most times i wake up feeling sick i just eat something really fast to put something in my stomach and i'll feel a little better..

rebecca_bullard
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Its could just be the beginning. Then again it may not get any worse. Its different with every one every time. I have 2 kids already and was never sick, but I was with this one.

As for keeping MS away...ginger. Ginger ale, ginger candy, etc etc. Peppermint...tea, gum etc.. Flat coke and crackers (saltines)..sounds gross but works good. Small meals more frequently....low on grease/fat, spicy, bold flavors. Water...stay hydrated. And if worse comes to worse and none of that works....ask you doc for meds. There are several Rx out there that help when its severe.

Dont worry about the baby getting enough to eat. Its so small right now, the nutritional needs are zilch. Just try and eat a little of what you can and what sounds good. And stay hydrated. Letting your tummy get too empty actually only makes MS worse.

Rest. Congrats!

jrsmama0906
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:51 PM

I had like one day of nausea when I conceived and then a few nights of mild nausea and nothing since (knock on wood). At least for this one so far. So it could get better. With my first I was sick a few days after I found out (the day my period was due) and was really sick til they finally gave me some medicine at around 3 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)