Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 year old sick again with the same symptoms after...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

Taking all of his antibiotics? Wtf! Took him to the doctor a couple of weeks back and he had strep throat. We finished all of the antibiotics. Yesterday all he wanted to do was sleep most of the day, then later he had a fever. Today he is back to coughing and I look in his throat and those little white puss pockets are back all over his tonsils... WTF! Any ideas if its strep again or is it maybe something else?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
flyfree55
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM

i had this problem as a kid. you need to call and say he has strep again. they ll have to give him something different. good luck

smurffettmommy2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:42 PM

could b toncilitis

EllaEnchanted04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:42 PM

It might be strep again but his body could have been resistant to the ATB he was on.

nazratred
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Sounds like strep again...not sure if you did this, but it is important after he takes all his antibiotics to give him probiotics to give back his good flora in his intestines, so they can help him get better.  Antibiotics kill everything good and bad. They have a good brand called Pearl that gets about 95% (I believe..cannot remember exact percentage) gets back in the intestines.  Good luck mama!  Sucks when our poor little ones get sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)