Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone dye their hair?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:02 PM
  • 26 Replies

have you dyed your hair during your pregnancy? if you did, when? did you wait until after the first trimester?

i am 10 weeks and my hair looks horrible... i think i am just going to get hi-lites though...

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SWGA_Mommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I dyed mine throughout my first pregnancy.  With this one, the first time I dyed my hair was at around 8 or 9 weeks. 

rebecca_bullard
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:30 PM

ive dyed my hair multiple times through pregnancy. wasnt an issue. just stay well ventilated.

Trish1984
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:37 AM

I cant remember when i first dyed my hair with this pregnancy, but so far i have dyed it twice! Just make sure your in a well ventilated area and you should be fine. If you are concerned, ask your doct what he/she thinks is best.

truealaskanmom
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:39 AM
I did mine when I was a week pregnant but didn't know yet, and I just had it done at 20 weeks. If you are using bleach and highlights it is safer than dyes.
mindi6103
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:47 AM

I didn't dye mine during the 1st tri, I think I was about 15wks when I got my highlights redone.  Then they started growing out alot and I didn't have the money at the time to redo them again so I just dyed it dark.  I just got more highlights put in a couple wks ago.

CafeMom Tickers
PhotobucketBF, Soldier, Love
Sarabear123
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:53 AM

I get my hair done all the time. I generally get hi-lights but I have dyed my hair totally during my other pregnancies. My OB just said to wait until the 2nd trimester. Hi- lights are a good way to go though if your worried because they don't actually dye the roots.

Sunshine808
by on May. 3, 2010 at 2:27 AM

I am waiting until I have baby girl! I havent so far the whole pregnancy and i desperatly need to!! I went and bought dye and then just couldnt do it. I figured Id rather be safe then sorry!

SimpleCraze
by on May. 3, 2010 at 5:49 AM

I just recently decided to dye my whole head one color to have less work. So I went with my natural color to cover my highlights. And they basically washed out. I was told hormones will do that.

ginnyk87
by on May. 3, 2010 at 6:00 AM

i think i have dyed my whole head 3 times and i am getting my hair done again tomorrow.  My mom always dyed her hair throughout her pregnancies she had 4 kids and we are all perfectly healthy. 

CafeMom Tickers
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I didn't dye my hair until my last trimester with my last pregnancy, I wanted to look beautiful for my c-section LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)