Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so proud of her!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

Okay, so today my DH had to open the resturaunt he works in. Was okay, used to him having to open on the weekends. However, this morning the kids decided they were going to be HORRIBLE!

My daughter took my glass that I was drinking out of and threw it on the ground, which shattared it (we have plastic cups the kids use) because I fixed buiscuts instead of the pancakes she wanted (she got time out for this). Then my son kicked her while she was in time out, which resulted in HIM being put in time out.

When they got out of time out my daughter pushed my son down on the floor (we have concrete floors and are not allowed to put in carpet or rugs to make it softer, renting). Which resulted in him hitting his head (not hard, but it did hurt). She got time out again. She pitched a fit while I was trying to comfort my son from his fall.

When she got out my son went up and litterally PUNCHED her in the face, which resulted in ANOTHER trip to time out. By this time I was starting to get a little frustrated so I called my MIL who offered to take the kids for a few hours. She told me that she would take them to church with her ( I normally take them, but have been having problems with Braxton Hicks so I've been trying to rest) which I GLADLY let them go. Was so relaxing to not have them fighting for the hour and a half they were gone.

When they got back MIL offered to stay and help with them, but I thought that they would be better after a nap, so I declined her offer. BIG MISTAKE! They took their naps, just fine, but DH called and said that he was going to have to close tonight as well and wouldn't be coming home until late. I hadn't gone grocery shopping (was planning on doing it when DH got off work since he has the money with him), and we had just a little bit that I could fix the kids for supper (they ate lunch at MIL's church). When they woke up they wanted their daddy, and when I told them that he had to work a little late they went WILD!

My son started throwing things, my daughter went into histarics (spelling?) and they both just FLEW off the handle! My living room looks like a tornado went through it (clothes, toys, and shoes are ALL OVER the place). I finally made it to supper time, cooked them sloppy joes (didn't have hamburger so used sausage instead) with macaroni and cheese. They ate their food, put their plates in the kitchen and I relaxed. Until my son got into the baby things that DSS (department of social services) had brought for us since we didn't have anything for the baby except for a carseat and a crib (I had called asking if they knew where we could get clothes and bedding and they brought it to us instead, said they have that stuff on hand for parents who can't afford to get it themselves, who knew?)

So he went to time out because he's been told not to do that because it's not for him to play with, it's for his baby sister. I was cleaning up when I heard him cry out, my daughter had hit him. She claimed it was because he played with the baby's things, but she still got time out. (I believe in time out and taking things away from the kids, DH will pop them if they deserve it, but only on the bottom)

I finally decided that maybe a bath will help them calm down, so at bathtime I gave them their baths and told them to settle down and rest becuase when we left to get daddy we were going to come home and go to bed. Didn't work. They were even more wired up than they were before. My daughter decided to spin around and make herself dizzy, which resulted in her falling down. When my son laughed at her she hit him (again) and went to time out. Then my son tried to jump up and down on my stomach, and he had to be put in time out. (I've only got 3 more weeks to go, but I know with me being pregnant it's not safe for him to do that, so I put him in time out everytime he tries). He then picked up a toy and threw it at me, which gave him even more time.

FINALLY it was time to get DH from work. The kids were angels! They sat still, listened to what was being said to them, even helped DH clean up the dining room so we could get home sooner! I couldn't believe the change in them! My daughter wanted an ice-cream, and DH asked her if she behaved for me. At first she nodded her head, then she shook it and started crying. He asked her what was wrong and she actually told him everything that she had done today and that she had to go to time out several times (this is unusal for her because on  a normal day it's my son who acts up while she behaves, today it was BOTH of them so today was sooo NOT a normal day). I was surprised, DH told her that if she felt she didn't deserve the ice-cream then he wasn't going to give it to her. She nodded her head and sat down, but becasue she had done this one act I told him to give her one.

I was so proud of her. She showed maturity today in admitting that she had done wrong and didn't deserve a treat, even though in the end she did well. The fact that she DID show this maturity I felt that she deserved the treat after all, because to me it showed that she recognized that she had done wrong. Because of this, my son also fessed up to what he had done today (although I think it was because he thought if he did so then he would get an ice-cream and not because of the same reason his sister did so). But I was SOO proud of them both.

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JAIRATRACI
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I love when kids tell the truth.

Mommy to Thour Barden 02/02/02, Mikhail Reid 07/10/07, Liam Doyle 04/25/09 and Wyatt Alexander or Totari Jayne due 07/22/10

pregnancy week by week
VintageWife
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Bless your heart! I have had one of those days recently. Don't you just want to sit down and cry. I am also pregnant with my third. I have two boys. They are 6 and 3 and I swear they BOTH act 2.

When my oldest was 3, I had a time-out bench. I told him to sit on it one day and think about what he had done (threw a ball in the house). He sat down and he started out telling me everything he had done. Most I didn't even know...LOL. He was like I threw a ball, drew on the wall with my crayon when you looked away, took something from the kitchen, etc. He went on and on forever. I told hubby I was going to market those magic time-out benches...LOL

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Awe!  It is great being a momma and seeing how kids learn and change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)