Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

horrible cold, what can I take?

Posted by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have a horrible head cold that also settled in my lungs now, I feel horrible all stuffed up, head killing me, coughing like crazy, throat and lungs hurt, the whole 9 yards, does anyone know if I can take anything to relieve this?

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Sudafed

doulala
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM

You might try a Neti Pot and garlic~    very helpful!!

Hope you feel better soon!

tml06451
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Quoting doulala:

You might try a Neti Pot and garlic~    very helpful!!

Hope you feel better soon!

I have used the netipot it helps for about a minute after I do it lol what do I do with garlic?

Pregnancy%20ticker

Sunshine808
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:23 PM

My doc said Tylenol cold but mine got better before i took it!

doulala
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:26 PM

I like to put it into  the blender and add echinacea and lemon juice and raw-fresh ginger.

I will make about a cup's worth.     Then every few hours take a teaspoon or two in a glass of water (with Emergen-C) or juice.

It REALLY helps me a lot!

Good luck!

The Best Cold and Flu Home Remedy Tea in the World!

Garlic Remedy and Recipes

HowStuffWorks "Garlic: Herbal Remedies"

millinco
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Chicken soup :)  No really it helps!  A cup of hot tea (I'm an earl grey fan) can really make you feel miles better as well.  Try chamomile tea or one of the other soothing teas also to help calm and relax you.  Feel better!  

CafeMom Tickers
brianahernandez
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Chiropractor. It's amazing what they can do. Find yourself one that knows how to work with pregnant women and is more on the natural side (some of the ones that don't deal more naturally won't do anything for "colds"...it's very odd). We go to the chiropractor all the time (minimum of twice per month) and we aren't ever sick. I was the type of person that was never NOT sick before. But once you get adjusted, then you can ask what to take to relieve your symptoms, go to the health food store and find what he/she tells you about. Once your body is aligned correctly, medicine will work like a charm because your body is "open". Good luck. People don't like to listen to me because I don't tell them to go buy Tylenol or something, but I NEVER take any of that, and neither does my DD...and we don't get sick, the 2 times (in 2 years) that we have been sick, we got adjusted and we were both fine the next day :) Good luck. Do try the NetiPot. i would hold a garlic clove in your cheek for 20 minutes or so....also you can crush up some garlic and make it into a paste to put on your feet...but that's SUPER stinky hehe...and even on your feet, it'll make your breath REEK of garlic! :)

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I love chamomile tea when I have a cold (and it helps me sleep). Licorice spice and "throat coat" tea are also good for sore throats, but I've heard that some herbal teas aren't good during pregnancy, so you may want to check the ingredients.

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:33 PM

MAN!!! Where did this cold come from?!?! My whole family has it too and my MIL!! What the heck...LOL.

Ive mostly just been eating SOUP a lot. Mostly SUPER HOT (like almost too hot) and I just hold my face over it for a few minutes to inhale the heat. It seems to help a little bit...lol. But im the same way, I havent been able to take anything....

Doulala- you are awesome, but that garlic thing sounds NASTY....ROFL : P

Pregnancy%20ticker

tml06451
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Thankyou ladies!!!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)