Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much? (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

How much should my 3 week old baby be eating and how often? She is currently eating 3 oz every 3 hours. DH does not think that I am feeding her enough becasuse she eats so often... but I know that its normal for infants to eat that often. But how long are they supposed to eat that often? 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Pandana
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Oh wow, she's still a newborn! That's just fine....

It's much better for them to eat small amounts more often than to space put larger feedings. (In fact, it's much healthier for adults to do that too.....we should ALL be eating small meals every few hours. It's better for our digestion AND our metabolism. And it's especially healthier for a growing baby. So if anything, tell him to take a cue from HER!)

tiernansmummy
by on May. 4, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I think they say to count wet nappies and that should give you a good indication of if theyre getting enough milk. You will prob have to google whats normal cause i dont know?? lol

MommyMorton40
by on May. 4, 2010 at 12:11 AM

That's normal!! My son was such a snacker! He ate very often for a long time like that. Made for sleepless nights but that's okay! They're only little for so long! I'd rather him eat when he wanted to than forcing him to eat. Maybe that means she'll be slim or know when enough is enough! Ha ha I wish I did! LOL

Pandana
by on May. 4, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Quoting MommyMorton40:

That's normal!! My son was such a snacker! He ate very often for a long time like that. Made for sleepless nights but that's okay! They're only little for so long! I'd rather him eat when he wanted to than forcing him to eat. Maybe that means she'll be slim or know when enough is enough! Ha ha I wish I did! LOL

That's one of the things experts are saying contributes to the weight problem in America......we don't eat frequently enough. Instead, we gorge ourselves only a few times a day (we think it's normal to have 3 big meals LOL) and it KILLS our metabolism. Babies totally know what they're doing by eating all the time. If only we didn't stop doing that, we'd probably all be at a healthier weight!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)