Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Belly button ring hole tearing?

Posted by on May. 17, 2010 at 5:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so I took out my bellybutton ring almost right after I found out I was pregnant.  Yesterday I noticed that the hole is red and hurts, and thought oh no it might split open.  This morning I was taking a shower and it was bleeding.  So has anybody had theirs tear through?  What can I do to prevent that, or am I just screwed?  It didn't have any problems with DD I carried her high and wide not low and out to china like I am with him. Thanks.

by on May. 17, 2010 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Bump for replies.

MommyOfAlana914
by on May. 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I haven't had this problem yet and also didn't with my last pregnancy. I am 31 weeks tomorrow and still have my ring in. Good luck and I hope it doesn't rip.

yummy_mommy89
by on May. 17, 2010 at 5:54 PM

mine did with my 1st pregnancy. im now on #4 and it looks awful

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 17, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Mine isn't tearing, but it's got some serious scarring and stretch marks all over it now.. that tiny, shallow piercing hole is now half an inch wide and neon purple from being stretched so much. I try to baby oil it daily.. not sure what you can do. :(

2inblue
by on May. 17, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Its weird.  My moms boyfried told her not to let me get my belly button pierced or within 3 months I would be prego.  2 monthe later I peed on the stick and had to take my piercing out.  It wasnt fully healed up so it did do some weird stuff for awhile.  I also got a stretchmark right on the scar that looks like a playboy bunny.  I tried to take a picture so I could show you but the stretchmarks are really light so it didnt show up.

truealaskanmom
by on May. 17, 2010 at 6:05 PM

yeah with my first it just stretched out and got weird stretch marks, but with this one it is pulled so tight and is tearing it sucks.

montanacat
by on May. 17, 2010 at 6:09 PM

hmm, it should heal, if you keep it clean and maybe use some neosporin or something on it...i don't have a belly ring, but have had 2 surgeries where they went in through my belly button-the most recent was last aug, about 6 weeks before i got preg again...so i have NASTY stretching of the scars that are all puckered and red.

majikalmama
by on May. 17, 2010 at 6:15 PM
Idk bump
BeJuicy
by on May. 17, 2010 at 6:19 PM

thats what mine looked like at the end. The only stretch mark i ever got was right over the hole. It bled like crazy around 30-34 weeks when I starting getting big but it never ripped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)