Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

watery discharge?? water leaking??

Posted by on May. 22, 2010 at 12:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

so i have seen this post alot so im wondering if its just normal.

background ,ill be 35 weeks tomorrow... im already 2 cm...

I always have lots of discharge but its a thicker white creamy discharge (had it whole pregnancy) well the last 2 days along with my normal discharge i have been having clear liquid discharge that is constant. it has no smell and drys in my underwear clear like water would. Im having random contractions but nothing consistant and most arnt painful. If my water was leaking wouldnt the contractions pick up?? i really dont want to spend my sat in L&D for no reason but then i dont want to be walking around with my water leaking either.

For the ladies that had all the discharge did you go in? what did the doc say???

by on May. 22, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 22, 2010 at 12:33 PM

No, the leaking and contractions do not necessarily have to go hand-in-hand.
You can leak and leak (amniotic fluid) for weeks without any labor at all--

It is probably vaginal discharge, that is common.     If it's amniotic fluid then you can keep watching to see what happens.

Jordansmom810
by on May. 22, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I have had a watery discharge my whole pregnancy.. it can be normal.. i think that if it is leaking you would notice it coming out.. idk though if you are concerned you should get checked. just in case.. or mention it at your next appt they can test it to see if it is amniotic fluid... But if your not having contractions I wouldn't worry about it.. you can have a small leak for weeks and it can be very normal. yes the risk of infection can be higher but then you can just refuse to be checked... its just all in what you believe is right.. goodluck

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 22, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Quoting Jordansmom810:

But if your not having contractions I wouldn't worry about it.. you can have a small leak for weeks and it can be very normal. yes the risk of infection can be higher but then you can just refuse to be checked... its just all in what you believe is right.. goodluck

This would be a priority!

;-)

JsunkissedB
by on May. 22, 2010 at 12:36 PM

its been like this for the last 3 days straight , i put a pad on yesterday and it never got close to full but its like it drys like water would. this is so confusing =)

Quoting doulala:

No, the leaking and contractions do not necessarily have to go hand-in-hand.
You can leak and leak (amniotic fluid) for weeks without any labor at all--

It is probably vaginal discharge, that is common.     If it's amniotic fluid then you can keep watching to see what happens.

JuneWestling
by on May. 22, 2010 at 12:38 PM

it is very possible that your water has a leak. but with the baby is laying is probably holding the leak shut, so if the baby moves it could break the water hole. This happens a lot and most women think it is pee. Just to be on the safe side you would want to see your OB soon just so you don't risk infection if it is breaking. Your water can break and you don't have to a single contraction. 

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 22, 2010 at 12:38 PM

AF does dry like that~   mine did.     I was leaking pretty heavily, no mistaking!   But I wasn't in labor so I just keep changing pads...    I went through several boxes, lol!

You have some contractions, they are going to pick up in time, IF this is "meant to be."
You (should) still have a few good weeks to grow baby in there, though.

:-)

Glad you are keeping an eye on it, though!

JsunkissedB
by on May. 22, 2010 at 12:39 PM

im just confused because i have been having contractions and cramping just not consistant or close, also i always have discharge as well but its a different type of discharge and constantly feel like im peeing myself.

i could refused to get checked but i have a T cut incision from my twins c section and they normally take me back to the OR before i get into labor so they have been checking me since 30 weeks, i have never made it past 36 weeks, i have already been into L&D to stop contractions 3 times since 29 weeks.

Quoting Jordansmom810:

I have had a watery discharge my whole pregnancy.. it can be normal.. i think that if it is leaking you would notice it coming out.. idk though if you are concerned you should get checked. just in case.. or mention it at your next appt they can test it to see if it is amniotic fluid... But if your not having contractions I wouldn't worry about it.. you can have a small leak for weeks and it can be very normal. yes the risk of infection can be higher but then you can just refuse to be checked... its just all in what you believe is right.. goodluck

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 22, 2010 at 12:45 PM

It is common for (non first-time) moms to have bigger and earlier "warming up" stuff.   So you might be having that.   

If this were me, I would wait until the contractions sorted themselves out (IF they are going to)    Leaking or not, going in and getting checked can make create complications, too.    This might be normal stuff.

You can try and do what we do at home to remedy PTL.

Good luck!

Quoting JsunkissedB:

im just confused because i have been having contractions and cramping just not consistant or close, also i always have discharge as well but its a different type of discharge and constantly feel like im peeing myself.

i could refused to get checked but i have a T cut incision from my twins c section and they normally take me back to the OR before i get into labor so they have been checking me since 30 weeks, i have never made it past 36 weeks, i have already been into L&D to stop contractions 3 times since 29 weeks. 

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

JsunkissedB
by on May. 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM

thanks this helps i will just stay at home and wait to see what happens, the hospital always wants to jump the gun with c sections and i dont want her coming out to early

Quoting doulala:

It is common for (non first-time) moms to have bigger and earlier "warming up" stuff.   So you might be having that.   

If this were me, I would wait until the contractions sorted themselves out (IF they are going to)    Leaking or not, going in and getting checked can make create complications, too.    This might be normal stuff.

You can try and do what we do at home to remedy PTL.

Good luck!

Quoting JsunkissedB:

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 22, 2010 at 12:51 PM

No--    I agree.      You should be safe.    :-)    This can mean you monitor yourself from home avoiding the hospital OR going in to the hospital.     Watching to see when the time is right is important.   ;-)

Watch for your contractions pick up, you notice a change in odor or color, etc.

Be sure to monitor your temperature so IF a fever comes on you'll catch it asap (infection indication).
Hydrate!     And you might work on building up your immune system as best you can, too.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN