Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do hiccups count as movement?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:05 AM
  • 8 Replies

When you're tallying up movement for the hour or whatnot, do hiccups count? Just a random question :) 

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
yummy_mommy89
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:06 AM

they are counting it here at the hospital for me

Tay-Brittnie
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I would count it.  HOw can you tell the difference between him just moving around and him hiccupping?  I know when he kicks the Hell outta me, but sometimes I'll feel something weird and wonder if it was a hiccup or him just wiggling.

MomNtheRes
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Mine has the hiccups ALL the time, at least 4 times a day, and its like little consistent pops in there. Kicks and pushes aren't so constant. Plus her head is way down in my pelvis, so its a very distinct feeling in my nether regions, lol. 

Quoting Tay-Brittnie:

I would count it.  HOw can you tell the difference between him just moving around and him hiccupping?  I know when he kicks the Hell outta me, but sometimes I'll feel something weird and wonder if it was a hiccup or him just wiggling.

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

MomNtheRes
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Do they count each individual hiccup, or the set of hiccups as one? 

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

they are counting it here at the hospital for me

montanacat
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Quoting MomNtheRes:

Mine has the hiccups ALL the time, at least 4 times a day, and its like little consistent pops in there. Kicks and pushes aren't so constant. Plus her head is way down in my pelvis, so its a very distinct feeling in my nether regions, lol. 

Quoting Tay-Brittnie:

i get that too, mine is head down, and it almost feels like a strange pulsing down there....and i just count all that movement as "one" cuz i really dont wanna try to count all the "bops"

MommyRJ
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:46 PM

id count it, they are obviously still alive in there if they have hiccups.

this baby has them CONSTANTLY, very annoying to me.

Wright68
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:47 PM

No. hiccups don't count. You want to feel actual movement/kicks

truealaskanmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Yes they count because it is a movement, think about when you have them your whole body moves, and each one counts as one movement.  My DS can finish a kick count in 5 seconds somedays he is hiccuping so hard that he flails afterwards, he apparently isnt a fan of hiccups

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)