Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM
  • 5 Replies
I am 23 weeks and have been able to feel my baby kick and move really well so far, last week I was even able to feel him kick through the belly. But I have not felt him kick since yesterday. I have a heart doppler and just used it an hour ago heart beat sounded fine, but still no kicking or movements that I can feel. Should I be worried? I plan to call my doctor tomorrow morning if still no movement but right now I can't stop worrying. Thanks!
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GothicMommyToBe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:22 AM
He may just be sleeping lol but just incase I'd call in the morning but if the heart sounds fine he may be sleeping or just not as "hyper" lol
pregowithfifth
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:25 AM

drink some orange juice or eat something that always seemed to get my babies moving

rebecca_bullard
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:26 AM

you can drink a bunch of ICE cold water and lay on your side and/or eat something...and you may feel the baby. I wouldnt be too worried at this point, especially since you can hear the heartbeat fine.

CleverName1219
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:32 AM

stop worrying, the same thing happened to me! babies go through phases of activity and nonactivity. I am 33 weeks along and somedays i only feel her move once or twice. Your activity will have alot to do with it, as when you are active, it generally lulls the baby to sleep.

Of course, you can always call your doc. But try this too: Drink something ice cold and lay on your left side for a while. Sometimes that will wake up a baby and they will kick. But you are still pretty early, so she may not respond to that. Try to bear in mind that docs don't reccommend you start counting kicks until 28 weeks. Baby's position could have alot to do with it too. If you have al little extra weight in your lower belly and baby is sitting low, her kicks may not be strong enough to be felt through the extra padding (even if it is minimal.)

Stay calm. You are still early on. If it doesn't pick up in 2 days or so, call your doc. But right now, thats normal and nothing to worry about.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM

This pregnancy I have gone through spurts of feeling the baby versus not.  As long as you are picking up a good heart rate, I think all is well.  There isnt much more they can do if you went in besides an ultrasound, but they choose not to do one.  Chances are the baby just moved into a less sensitive area.  Again, if you need more of a peace of mind or just to be reassured, I would call your OB/midwife.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)