Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

37 weeks pregnant 3centemeters

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

im 37 weeks pregnant and friday i was 3 centemeters dialated is there any suggestions on how i can speed up labor. the contractions are not bad just really irritating... this is my first baby

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
truealaskanmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Hate to break this to you but just because you are three doesn't mean that you will be in labor soon or help anything along.  It could be hours or weeks until your body is ready and really takes assistance and goes into labor.  Just relax, and take walks, and have sex that is about all you can do, and try to be patient

steph2884
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:09 AM

I was at 3cm with my son from 37 weeks until he was forced out by csection at 42 weeks. Nothing worked. You can try, but your body will only go into labor if your baby is ready.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I would try walking and sex.  Good luck!

ryansmommy07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:03 AM

alot of walking and alot of sex !!!!!

J4mii3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I was 4cm dialated for a month, then they ended up having to induce me... then I wouldn't dialate anymore... so I had to have a c-section 4 days after my due date lol. Just don't have sex or walk to much and i'm sure you will be fine. Good luck.

CTRedSoxMom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Nothing you can really do... No matter what old wives tales you try, that baby isn't coming till it is ready. Although it sounds like your body is well on its way!

J4mii3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Unless your ready to have then baby, then have tons of sex, walk a lot and drink a lot of water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)