Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you take a momment to look around you might find that it could always be worst....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:04 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am a NICU nurse and I am pregnant with baby num.5...it was a huge surprise and I cried instead of feeling blessed or happy....two nights ago i disconnected a little preemie of a vent and stood by his bedside until he passed...i had to watch his parents cry and say good bye to their little one....I see parents everyday who paid thousands of dollars just to have one child or lose babies they had so much hope for. It just made me realize that no matter how unprepared I was for this baby...I am blessed to be able to have it.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Fuchia05
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Oh my that is so sad. My daughter was a preemie, I was 31 wks when I had her. I was so scared that we would lose her. She spent a month in the nicu. I have so much respect for the dr's, nurses and staff who work there bc I could not imagine having to do what you do. Thanks for being a nicu nurse you help so many ppl. And yes we dont realize things could be worse until we see what others have to go through.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:03 AM

So true.  I was looking at my beautiful girls yesterday, and I become so emotional because I just thought of all those mommas and daddies who were going through heart breaks with their children.  Congrats on the pregnancy!

shamillionaire
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM

What a wonderful thing to say to a bunch of pregnant women.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)