Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH, this has GOT to end....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:09 AM
  • 6 Replies

I've been having steady contractions all evening which got much more intense after I took a walk this afternoon.  I also had a lot of mucus, which I'm going to assume was my plug.  I figured that for sure I was in early labor, but things seemed to have stalled.  I'm still contracting, but it certainly isn't active labor yet, and I just don't know how long I can handle this nonsense.  I am tired and would like to sleep, but it's too uncomfortable for that.  I've also had a lot of burning/pain in my cervix making me really think things are happening.  I wish the pain would either get worse (putting me in active labor) or just go away!  I need some sleep. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Fuchia05
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:12 AM

hugs I have been in the same boat with the contractions and mucous. I hope things get moving for you! Take care mama. 

mommytobobby
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:48 AM

try taking a hot bath and have a small drink of some wine. it will help relax you, and either help labor come on or help the ctx go away.

sparklebug86
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Alot of walking is good! I had alot of mucus around 38 weeks with my son BUT that wasnt my plug.... you'll know when your plug comes out.... its the size of a golf ball and cant be missed! Good luck mom!

millinco
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Quoting mommytobobby:

try taking a hot bath and have a small drink of some wine. it will help relax you, and either help labor come on or help the ctx go away.

I don't keep alcohol in the house..and I definitely wouldn't drink any right now lol though I know some women do (and that's okay if they are comfortable with it!).  I am also allergic to wine, so either way....I tried the bath, and it was really no help.  I'm still contracting this morning, I don't think there is anything to be done for it.  It's getting pretty miserable at this point, but thanks for your reply! 

CafeMom Tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I hope active labor starts soon for you!  The end of pregnancy is always hard emotionally and physically from what I have found. 

millinco
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Quoting meam4444:

I hope active labor starts soon for you!  The end of pregnancy is always hard emotionally and physically from what I have found. 

It really is...I'm mostly just tired of being so exhausted!  This is a lot of work. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)