Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you make sure you look good for delivery?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:40 AM
  • 9 Replies

i see so many moms with make up and good hair in their birth pics...i know with my son, i was still feeling good and took a shower and i did my make up, which was then cried off later lol

But now that this time im having a scheduled csection, my surgery is at 7am, so with our hour drive, i have to be up and ready by 430am....i think ill still have my make up done lol.

what about you???

show some pics if you got em!

Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..
..Mommy to Mr.Bryley Scott 10.27.08..
..It's a GIRL!!---> Kamrynn Clare --->Arriving Via Csection June 24th 2010..

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rileysmommy229
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:44 AM

no i didnt care how i looked i was already in a lot of pain while on the way to the hospital

MommyRJ
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Quoting rileysmommy229:

no i didnt care how i looked i was already in a lot of pain while on the way to the hospital

yeah i would either haha.

i just see soooo many pics of moms, and they look perfect-

Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..
..Mommy to Mr.Bryley Scott 10.27.08..
..It's a GIRL!!---> Kamrynn Clare --->Arriving Via Csection June 24th 2010..

shamillionaire
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:46 AM

No!! Lol! The twins should come early so if it just so happens I have make up on that day thats one thing but thats the last thing I am thinking about when I'm going to have a new baby!

kelliehelvie
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:48 AM

This is my first pregnancy I have no idea how things will go before I leave for the hospital. I would love to say YES I will wear make up and look fabulous!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Sorry I could care less about my looks when I am delivering. Plus I am having a natural labor and delivery without meds so I assume I am gonna look pretty funky by the time I deliver and I doubt I am gonna feel like brushing my hair much less putting on makeup

heavensdaughter
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:53 AM

There are usually a lot of pictures taken and I know the kids will look back on it.  I've freshened up before going in.  I don't get all made up, but I don't usually do that anyway.  Just feel better that way.  I try to stay upkept during the hosptial stay too,  I think it helps to just feel kinda pretty when everyone has their cameras out.

my2kids131512
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:55 AM

i try lol,  but  at the end i look like i ran a marathon  all sweaty swollen,  and tired looking lol

LandonsMom331

with my first pregnancy i showered, did my makeup & hair before going to the hospital!! i plan to do the same this time around so i hope things don't happen too fast when the time comes to go to the hospital!

MandyP27

I like to be somewhat 'ready' when I go to the hospital. I definitely don't go all out but I brush my hair and put on some makeup. And after baby is born and I've rested for a bit and feel good, I'm all over getting a shower and doing my hair and makeup and getting back to feeling like MYSELF again!! Plus, all those pictures are going to be in the baby book forever! LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)