Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor fears...

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:22 AM
  • 4 Replies

Do you have any?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gregory2
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Been there done it twice, one wit the epi, one with out. So no fears for me, however I'm getting my tubes tied afterwards and I'm pretty scared about that. I've never had any type of surgery besides my wisdom teeth getting cut out, no broken bones nothing lol. The only thing I've been in the er about is having babies :) It should be interesting!

brianahernandez
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Yeah, that it'll never come. I've been having contractions since Friday. Yesterday, my stress stopped labor, yet again, for 8 hours or so. Then I woke up early this am with the 3 minute apart contractions. I'm so tired lol.

RutterMama
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Yes and no. I am afraid of PAIN! But when I went in labor with my son, from the time my water broke at home, I was at the hospital within an hour and had my epi within 30 minutes from then and was able to sleep! It was 3am when my water broke, so it was so cool that I could sleep for a couple hours in between them checking me before my miracle was born. So this time I am worried that I won't get there in time to have the epi or that I will go longer with this pregnancy... my son came at 39 weeks on his own... so I HOPE this one comes at least then!

babies

I'm a proud breastfeeding (but don't bash those who don't), circumcising for health reasons, pro-CIO, vaccinating, disposable diapering, pro-life, meat and chocolate eating, Southern Christian Mama!

rebecca_bullard
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:07 AM

well... i dont labor. I have c-sections...and yes. Lots of fears with that. Of course the usual...hope nothing goes wrong with me or the baby fears...

Also...when my 1st was born, when the were cutting me open they cut the side of her face with the scalpel. Right on her temple by her eye. Not bad....but she still has a scar. I was/am upset though. That could have been her eye!

Unusual fears...like..I hope they dont leave things behind inside me (like tools and stuff) lol.

And a new fear..this time Im getting my tubes tied. And I REALLY REALLY want it to work out. Because nothing is scarey than to think you CANT get pregnant and then you DO get pregnant. We will have 3...and thats as much as Id like to stretch things at this point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)