Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a "PLAN B"??

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:52 AM
  • 18 Replies

How will YOU get to the hospital if plan A fails?!
it just occured to me the other day that my mom is scheduled to have foot surgery this weekend, as i hit 35 weeks. She will be laid up for at least a couple of weeks, maybe more....Hubby's job takes him out of town almost daily, sometimes 4-5 hrs other labor partner has 3 kids she would have to pawn off on someone else in order to take me to the that leaves my FIL (who would most assuredly have heart failure at the mere thought of taking me to the hosp) if the need were to arise! Everyone else works during the day!! And to top it off, we have DD4 to worry about, if something were to happen before school gets out june 4, and DD12 isn't here to watch her sister!
I need a plan B, and haven't even mapped it out yet!! i guess there's always the ambulance!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I live in small town so a) I know lots of people who live close by and wouldn't mind driving me and b) in a pinch, I could walk there! :-)

by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:03 AM

My hubby works out of town, but is home every night. When it gets closer to time, he will drive our car to each job during the day so he can leave if need be. So I will just wait for him to get home... He is my ONLY option as we know no one else in our area.

BabyFruit Ticker

I'm a proud breastfeeding (but don't bash those who don't), circumcising for health reasons, pro-CIO, vaccinating, disposable diapering, pro-life, meat and chocolate eating, Southern Christian Mama!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:06 AM

911? After the baby is born I guess. No need to have a bunch of EMTs trying to tell me what my body needs to do, lol. Of course I could always call my job and see if someone up there could come and grab me and take me, but that would be a LAST resort...and might not go well lol. 

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM

The plan would be for my husband to come home from work and drive me. He's only about 30 minutes from home then another 20 to the hospital. If I couldn't wait, I could drive myself. Everyone else is just as far away if not farther. I don't plan on a fast labor so I'm sure I can wait for my husband.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM

We are planning a home birth so my midwife could take me if need but my Hubby only works a mile away and the hospital is like 2 miles so we are pretty covered.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM

hmm i haven't thought much of it yet im only 19 wks... i deff need to though, my hubs is military and is always going away hours away and my fam ALL lives over 2 and a half hours away.. we haven't lived here long and i don't know to many people so I'm not sure what i would do if my hubs isn't here.. I'm glad you brought this up haha!!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Really, we don't even have a plan A set up yet. We still have a little time, but I was just telling my husband that we need to start thinking about all this. The hospital is 30 minutes away from home, both my husband and I work about an hour away from home (30 minutes from the hospital) and our families all live over an hours drive away. I'm not sure what we will do if I go into labor at a "bad time". To make matters worse, my entire family will be 2 states away for a wedding 2 weeks before my due date. I am praying this little boy doesn't come then.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:26 AM

oh no! is there a way you could  have your hubs take some time off around the time you think the baby will come?

My hubs is in the military and he keeps saying if i go into labor he is gonna call the chopper to get me to the hosp asap lol thats his genius plan

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Plan A is for hubby to take me, but several plan B's (2 good frinds, MIL, my aunt & grandparents) have volunteered themselves if he cant make it.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Yikes, I guess you do have the ambulance, lol. Not the way we dream of going to deliver our baby though, is it?

My hubby sometimes works out of town, up to 6 hours away (and might be going to work a job in GA, which is just way too far to drive, and I could have her while he's waiting for a flight!).

So, I've asked him to not take any out of town jobs when we get closer to the due date.

If he's not here to drive me, my MIL is very close and can leave her work anytime she needs to so she can drive me.

If she's not available, I have my SIL, and BIL that would be happy to drive me. :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)