Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

post-partum question..maybe TMI

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM
  • 9 Replies

i had my son 3 weeks ago today- and i had stopped bleeding for a couple days but then today all the sudden i am bleeding red blood again (the red blood had stooped after a week and went to brown blood) and i feel a little crampy...is this normal or should i call my midwife?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Do you think your period has returned?  You could give your midwive a call to be certain.

HeidiLong07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM

After I had my son I bled on and off for about 2 months.  Some days I would have nothing, others I would just spot and sometimes I would have a full blown flow.  I would say that it is normal.

valrubio
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM

It is normal. Most people bleed on and off for the first 6 weeks, sometimes longer. If you are worried though you could always ask your midwife.

MandyP27
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I'm pretty sure it's normal. I don't remember really but I think it can come and go for 6 weeks and then it should stop.

MommyRJ
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:27 PM

maybe its your period???

i say as long as it doesnt get super heavy or clotty it should be okay.

yummy_mommy89
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:34 PM

you might be over doing things or your period could have came already

truealaskanmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:49 PM

It could be your period, but most likely it is from ever doing stuff, we feel fine and forget that we aren't really healed until 6 weeks.

stellarluna
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM

ditto... it can be from simply breastfeeding or just being more active.  Like when I clean the house or take the kids to the park i start bleeding again.  It's extremely annoying because I have to keep going back to wearing a pad, but it's also completely normal.  It's definitely not your period yet.

Quoting HeidiLong07:

After I had my son I bled on and off for about 2 months.  Some days I would have nothing, others I would just spot and sometimes I would have a full blown flow.  I would say that it is normal.

rileysmommy229
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:24 PM

yeah i think i might be over doing it...bc i was going non stop this morning and on friday i took my son to edventure (a childrens museum) and i started bleeding then too. ( we were there for like 4 hours)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)