Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I cure my pregnant laziness?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:49 AM
  • 10 Replies

I have been nothing but LAZY this pregnancy! And it's really starting to show and effect my relationship with my SO. Besides that I actually DO go to work and work 9-10 hr shifts on my feet I just dont wanna do anything else. I went almost 3 weeks without cleaning my daughters room. There HUGE pile of laundry piled up in the laundry room. When I do get to my laundry (parts of it) it doesn't make it past baskets after being clean. I have studded tires that the dead line to have them taken off was April 17th and I still have them on because I dont wanna go down and get them changed. I didnt realize how bad it was till my SO pointed it out. So has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do to change it. I have NO energy to do anything but SLEEP! Getting off the couch and cleaning seems like too much work. And this isn't how I usually am. My SO is a very clean person so this is too much for him. Please no bashing I just want advice. I am 20w5d. And it's not depression.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chell.chell
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I wish I had some advice, I don't work and since getting pregnant I have been so lazy I feel horrible for DH. He comes home and cleans and all I can manage to get done is washing his work clothes. ]: I might be depressed though not really sure!

lilmommagowan
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:56 AM

The same has happend to me. I spend a great deal of time alone because hubby is a truck driver (OTR) and I have no family other than his around. All i do most days is lay on the couch. my house is a wreck. I know you said you didn't think it was depression, but my doctor put me on lexapro which helped a great deal, Unfortunatly i was told to quit taking it at 32 weeks. So now at week 35 Iam back to where i was. I am currious to see what advice, the other ladies have. Sorry I couldn't help.

CafeMom Tickers
Tictactara03
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM

i feel the same way...im at 32 weeks tho...

montanacat
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM

i went on disability last week for SPD, and the first thing DH told me was that he wanted the laundry done. we have a 4 yr old i have to keep track of, a 12 yr old who doesn't lift a finger unless we get on her case, and my brother who lives w/ us, but doesn't do ANYTHING except make a mess and eat my food....and I"M SUPPOSED to get the house picked up! I'm 34 weeks, EXHAUSTED from pain and lack of sleep. I figure anything i do get done is better than what it was, and the rest of them can go take a flyin' leap.

mlamiller
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:58 AM
I'm the same way! 11wks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mimilove25
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I COMPLETELY THINK ITS NORAMAL AND IM PROUD OF U BECAUSE AT LEAST U DO GO TO WORK!! IM ONLY 10WKS AND MY HOUSE HAS NEVER LOOKED THE WAY IT DOES NOW!! BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS CONTINUE TO GET UR REST BECAUSE U NEED IT I WOULDNT FEEL TO BAD AND I THINK HE SHOULD JUST BE UNDERSTANDING ABOUT IT. BEING PREGGO TAKES ALOT OF ENERGY AWAY FROM US IT'S JUST APART OF BRINGING A LIFE INTO THIS WORLD.

I DNT THINK UR LAZY MAMA UR JUST TIRED!!!!

Vinsmomma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I wish I knew! I am the same way and I hate it.... I cant stand a messy house and my house is a mess right now.. But I have zero energy to get up and do anything about it. The only thing that helps is that I make myself do atleast 15 mins in each room every day and whatever doesnt get done is left for another time..

lilmom2b3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:03 PM

i am the same way at almost 11 weeks! i was the same way with my other two pregnacies! i don't think there is really anything you can do! it's hard work making a baby!

LovingIT2008
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Take walks.... walking is the cure!!!! Well for me anyways ; )

starrymonkey
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I've been terrible about this lately.  It's gotten to the point where the house is completely covered in DS's toys, I have seven different piles of clothes on my bedroom floor waiting to be sorted, folded, and put away, the floors haven't been vacuumed or mopped in two weeks easy, DS's bathroom stinks because I keep forgetting to take out the diapers...

It may not seem like a big deal, but I've got a bit of OCD and I can be a serious neat freak.  So it's driving me crazy, but I just can't seem to break out of it - which makes it worse!  So, today I finally said I'd had enough, and decided to just set a small goal for myself every day - and if I'm feeling well once that goal is accomplished, I can move on to another goal.  When I get up in the morning I set a time I want my goal accomplished by - and do my best to stick by it.  

Today's goal was mowing the lawn - it was a nightmare, I got sick twice, had cramps so bad once that I had to stop for half an hour, and I nearly ran over a baby turtle - which sent me into a fit of hysterics that probably confirmed my neighbor's beliefs that I'm completely crazy!  However, I did it - and now not only do I get to check it off my list, but I now get to find and hire a lawn service!  Now I have to take a shower and go take a tour of a school we're considering enrolling DS in. 

Tomorrow I'm going to take DS to his doctor's appointment, then I'm going to clean his room and bathroom - and maybe if I'm feeling up to it I'll clean my bathroom too!

Wednesday we're going to play in the pool, and go to the circus!  Thursday we're going to work on the living room and kitchen, then do some shopping.  Friday we're going to clean my room and whatever is left of the house.  Saturday we're going to go swimming again, then we'll clean the back porch.  Sunday we'll go see my parents.  Monday we'll go shopping again, while cleaning DS's room and bathroom again.  Tuesday we'll mop and vacuum again.  Wednesday I have an ultrasound, and a rest day.  Thursday we'll pack and get ready for our trip to NY.  Friday we leave!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)