Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Useless baby gadgets....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:18 PM
  • 60 Replies

Do you have one? Whats the most usless baby gadget in your opinion...?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetMynx19
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:19 PM

walker. i think they are dangerous.

BabyLucasMom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM

diaper gennie (luckily I didn't buy it, someone passed it on to me).

starrymonkey
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I really didn't have anything I could consider useless with DS.  He used and loved everything we had.  I think the only thing we never really used was his womb bear - but we kept it in case this baby likes it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

starrymonkey
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Really?!  I LOVE our diaper genie - two and a half years later, and we still use it!  We're actually getting a second one when the baby comes because DS won't potty train yet, and we're still using his!

Quoting BabyLucasMom:

diaper gennie (luckily I didn't buy it, someone passed it on to me).

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

rebecca_bullard
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:21 PM

i agree with diaper genies...what a hassle. also for me..bouncy seats. my kids hated them

sparklebug86
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:26 PM

A bottle bib.... I didnt buy it but I thought it was a good idea at the time but it so wasnt. The idea is that you put the "bib" around the neck of the bottle and its supposed to catch the dribble that it doesnt end up the clothes but it was more hassle than it was worth!

sparklebug86
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM

My son loved his!

Quoting rebecca_bullard:

i agree with diaper genies...what a hassle. also for me..bouncy seats. my kids hated them

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PrYnceZzMommA
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM

For me, the diaper genie was nice, but it just wasn't as nice smelling as they said it would be. Also, clean-up could be a hassle with it because no matter how few diapers I put in the darn thing, there was always liquid in the botton of the container. Yuck.

I know during this pregnancy, I bought and was given one of those heart monitor things you can buy from Wal-Mart to hear the babies heart at home. Yeah.  It was a waste of money to me. Only works really well when you are in the house with complete and utter silence.

Oh, for my girls, those baby carrier things that look like a backwards back-pack where you can wear the baby on the front of you or the back of you. Both of my daughters HATED it and refused to be still in it. I'm glad I only bought the one.

Another thing. Those shopping cart cover things. Yeah. With both of my girls, they preferred to move it and get to the metal cart instead of playing with the toys on it.

I think that's it.

~*~Tomorrow is not promised today~*~

JuneWestling
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Rattles! They are annoying and by the time they know how to shake it they do it just to get you annoyed! 

Aus
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Someone bought me one of those heart monitor things from walmart... what a waste... taking it back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)