Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please tell me what you think, especially moms of twins

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:42 PM
  • 24 Replies

i took this test when my period was 3 days late. it was due the 19th and i took this on the 22nd. the line on the left is the test line. i was just wondering if its normal to be that dark? i know for sure that i ovulated the 4th or 5th of may which would put me at 20 or 21 days DPO. what do you think? could it be twins?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onetiara
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM

oh and my last LMP was april 17th and lasted the normal 7 days.

majikalmama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:44 PM
Idk but bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shapley
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:45 PM

BUMP!

Kelseyciarah
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Sorry never had test line be darker with either of my pregnancies! But heres a !BUMP!

onetiara
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:46 PM

thanks ladies!!

Bren07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:06 PM

looks normal to me..with my first i tested the day AF was due and got a dark pos like that, with my second i tested 5days before AF was due and got a dark pos..this is the only one that was faint at a wk late!..my LMP was april 18th, O day was the 30th or the 1st and i have a 26/27days cycle, i tested today at 24dpo and finally got my dark bfp..

Quoting onetiara:

oh and my last LMP was april 17th and lasted the normal 7 days.

HI! im a 21yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS and one on the way. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

JenniL05
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I took the same test and had the same result....I thought the dark line was the control though?  I bought the two pack and that second line was a little darker when I took it the day after the first. Now I am confused. :P

PrYnceZzMommA
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I am pregnant now with twins. When I took the test, it wasn't necessarily the darkness of the line that got me curious. It was the fact of how long the test took. It was as if no soon I peed on it, the line showed up. Didn't have to wait at all.

Don't really know if the darkness of the line has anything to do with that or not. Hmm. Good luck with that. If it is twins, you'll need lots of it. I know I do. Lol. 

~*~Tomorrow is not promised today~*~

NiChOlE06
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:13 PM

not necessarily. mine was way dark at only 3w 3d! i've never had one show up that early before and it was only one.

Randi02
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Is that a First Response test?

If so, they are designed to test at a minimum of 25 mIU/ml, but usually closer to 15. Since it doubles everyday, and those tests are designed to pick up the HCG levels as early as 5 days BEFORE your period and you tested 3 days late, I would say that line is normal, or maybe even a little faint.

All of my pregnancies had a dark line about 3 days before AF was due.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one on the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)