Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyones due date changed alot?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

it seems like everytime i have a u/s the baby is either measuring a couple days smaller then the due date they gave me or ahead from it. i get my big us wednesday and i'm hoping by the time i have my next u/s with my dr he'll give me a final due date and stop changing it!

when did your dr finally set a for sure due date?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
doulala
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I never had any ultrasounds with my pregnancies, I just guesstimated.   ;-)

My last baby had a 3-week "due date" so I literally just picked one day in there to call "40 weeks."
She still came a week after that, but with her size and all, I think she was likely more like 42 or 43 weeks.    
That due date was just a guess, obviously.

Even if we know when we conceieved, we do know that babies grow at their own rates.  

AllanRaesMomma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:07 PM

My due date changed by a week... instead of 19 weeks like my ticker says, I'm actually 20...

NiChOlE06
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:10 PM

thats what happened with mine it got changed a long time ago to a week sooner. now they keep changing it a few days back then a few days ahead. now my dr just says he'll base it off of my big u/s and a u/s he's doing in 3weeks. it just gets irritating lol.

NiChOlE06
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM

the dates i've got are between october 10th-5th. i want them to set one because i'm inducing early and want to know what date it will be!!

doulala
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:13 PM
Quoting NiChOlE06:

thats what happened with mine it got changed a long time ago to a week sooner. now they keep changing it a few days back then a few days ahead. now my dr just says he'll base it off of my big u/s and a u/s he's doing in 3weeks. it just gets irritating lol.

The later the U/S, the less accurate, unfortunately.    ;- /

Why do you want to induce early?

kamrynlily07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:15 PM

My due date has not changed at all with this pregnancy, but when I was pregnant with my daughter my doctor initially gave me a Feb. 10 due date, then when I had my gender ultrasound at about 18 weeks she changed it to Feb. 25.  My DD ended up coming on Feb. 22.

NiChOlE06
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:22 PM

yah i thought the later the less accurate. so i don't know why they base it off a later u/s. oh well i guess i'll know in 3weeks! i want to induce just a week early because this is my second and they'll do it at 39, and for work purposes. but i haven't fully decided if i want to induce yet!

Caro82
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:27 PM

I have "due weeks" :-) My ultrasound technican said sometimes between June 5th and June 20th... we'll see... I don*t care about it... the baby has no watch or calender inside...so she will come whenever she is ready !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)