Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

update #1 VENT: If you saw a VERY pregnant woman fall in front of you, what would you do?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:06 PM
  • 14 Replies

This is a very large VENT about my craptastic time at John's Incredible Pizza Company last night. I am 9 months pregnant, and went out with DH, DD, and a group of mama-friends-of-toddlers-born-in-2008 for my first visit to JIPC last night. I wound up getting injured, and feel I was treated shabbily by the staff.

Was I just blowing this out of proportion?

Below is a copy of the letter/e-complaint I sent to the JIPC office last night.

I was injured today/this evening at JIPC at the Buena Park Mall. I was walking into the children cartoon room and slipped in a huge mess of ice cream and ice spread across the doorway. I am nine months pregnant and absolutely disgusted with my treatment by staff there. The TWO employees who were nearby offered NO assistance, and didn't even notice me sprawled across the floor in front of them. I got their attention, and without acknowledging me they perfunctorily swiped at the mess. Twice more when I walked in and out of the cartoon room to get food there were spills; none were as large, but I had to find employees EACH time to clean the messes. I also had to find a manager (Gregory Hendricks) when my knee began throbbing painfully. The employees didn't alert him about the accident, apparently. He gave me a bag of ice chips and came by to ask me to fill out a report. I heard nothing more from him once I had done this, until as I was leaving I found him again and told him about the other spills (one of which I'd just encountered, trying to get back to my party).

I'm VERY frustrated by my treatment there. I could see one spill getting overlooked due to the fact that there are children there running in and out, but three spills being left on the tile entryway within the course of an hour is ridiculous. The fact that no one seemed to care that I had any possible injury until I forcefully got their attention was disgusting, especially considering that I am obviously pregnant. I was infuriated that nobody offered any help to me, even though there were employees nearby.

I'm appalled by my experience here. This was my first visit, and rest assured I will not be returning to JIPC, due to the rude, inconsiderate, and disdainful treatment I received there. It's sad that a company that supposedly is "family friendly" would treat a pregnant mother in this low manner.

update #1 just received email

Dear xyz,

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of your recent experience.  We strive to deliver incredible guest service, but it's obvious that we fell short of our goal in this instance. If you wouldn't mind, may I please have your phone number so that our Senior Store Director, Doug Browning, can contact you at your convenience?

I apologize for your unhappy experience and appreciate you letting us know.

Have an *Incredible* Day!!!

Tara Chapman

Marketing Manager

John's Incredible Pizza Company

22342 Avenida Empresa, Suite 220

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

949.916.2000 x118

Fax 949.916.2600

Lilypie - (KoDU)

Lilypie - (DLVA)

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:10 PM

TERRIBLE!!!!!

:-(

That is awful!     
Glad you are voicing your anger!

(*Take it easy at DL!)

missy2058
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Oh no!  I hope you're okay now.  Yes, I think they should've been more responsive, apologetic and attentive to your needs.  Seems like customer service these days is almost non-existent.  I hope their corporate office responds to you and hooks you up with a free meal or something at the very least...and talks to the manager about managing spills and customer service!  I know you probably wouldn't go back there, but it'd be nice if they did something for you.

mrsb6802

I don't think you over reacted at all. You should have been treated with way more respect and concern pregnant or not!!

majikalmama
That is outrageous. Good for you for standing up for yourself. How is your knee feeling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Wow, are you alright now? how is your knee?

I would definitely pursue this- it's completely inappropriate and wrong.

NiChOlE06
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:15 PM

my ass would be running trying to help her up!!

LaughterHugs
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:18 PM

thanks ladies, my knee is not anything major, just very sore and bruised, i managed to catch myself pretty well. i'm MORE pissed about how it was handled then anything, b/c my injury was minimal compared to what couldn've happened....

mss119
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:22 PM

That's terrible!  They're lucky I wasn't there with my DH- he is super protective, especially when I'm pregnant, and he would have had a conniption! 

GothicMommyToBe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:26 PM
I would have been pissed off if I was treated that way. I'm new here so I'm guessing DH is your husband? If so why didn't he raise cain about it? I'd turn them into the health department and take them to court for such rude behavior and dangerous environment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoelMoM
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I  hope you went to the ER and got checked out, there insurance will probably be calling you to get a copy of your visit. I had this happen at a store, they called to check on me I guess they were afraid of a lawsuit. to this day my knee still hurts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)