Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you eat when you have morning sickness all day?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

So I'm actually pretty hungry right now, but NOTHING sounds good to eat! My stomach feels gross and I have been nauseous all day. I feel bad that I'm not feeding this baby as well as I should, but it's so hard to find food that is tasty and won't make me gag. Yesterday I was hungry and ate at McDonald's.  It was a horrible idea because it made me sick with the runs, gave me a bloated feeling, and nausea. Ugh. Does anyone know any good food recipes that will not make you feel like crap all day?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelliehelvie
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Soup!

ps.iloveyou
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:02 PM
Yea I had lots of crackers and crackers with peanut butter. Seemed like the only thing I could keep down!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandyP27
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Fruit smoothies! I've been living on those my entire pregnancy!! Put whatever you can tolerate in them. I've been using, whatever frozen fruit I'm in the mood for, natural peanut butter (you don't want the extra sugar when you are nauseous), milk or juice, yogurt (if I can tolerate the dairy), and ice. These have been wonderful and I drink at least one a day!

Also, soups, and real fruit sorbet!

peaches_04
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM

food u dont have to digest that are already pureed...i lived off of foods like apple sauce and mashed potatos and milk shakes...good luck

thekayk
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:12 PM

bump Ice cream & fruit  that helped me

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Miss-Baby-Baker
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Wow, soup actually sounds pretty good! So far the only thing I have eaten today has been some the albacore tuna (because it's bland) and real  cranberry  juice. I love it because it has kind of a bitter/light sweet taste. I can tolerate it better than just plain water.

XenaBeth
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM

saltine crackers help a lot

MommaBoop922
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Crackers, oatmeal, ginger ale, rice, and bananas... things that are pretty mild flavored and not as greasy or spicy... you stomach is just sensitive... I was the same way, anything and everything made me nauseas or gag... It was awful... Try to stick to things that soak up stomach acid as well (breads and stuff) or when you do eat, eat slow make sure you have bread or crackers or ginger ale with it.... Oh and make sure its the ginger ale that uses real ginger... I forget which one it is but its not canada dry... Towards the end (I had 4 mos of morning sickness) I used the sea bands on my wrists... they helped more than anything else... Good Luck and I hope something works... just hang in there!! 

momtobe79
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM

ginger tea ...........

teri4lance
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:31 PM

boost helps a lot.

eat anything you can stand. with my last pg, it was cottage cheese and bananas, apple slices, and fruity pebbles. with my first, it was gatorade, chicken broth and rice krispie treats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)