Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tightness in chest during BH's

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

EVERY time I get a braxton hicks contraction it's hard to breathe. I always get a tightness in my chest and that's how I can tell that I have one coming, because I start to feel this uncomfortable feeling. I do have high blood pressure since I've been 20 weeks pregnant that they've been monitoring. Could it be related? Is it bad? Has anyone else had this feeling during EVERY BH contraction they've had?

CafeMom Tickers

pregnancy week by week

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MomNtheRes
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Meeee! Well, not every contraction, but I've been contracting for 15 weeks. I have been wondering the same thing about the tightening chest, and can also normally tell when I'm about to have a contraction by that. That and just a weird sensation in my head I can't really describe. I don't have high blood pressure, I think its just a "normal" contraction thing. Ahh, the joys of pregnancy :)

southernjess3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM

i get that..also..every contraction my heart starts beating really hard and fast.....i was told its " normal"

marynash88
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I have that ith every braxton hicks. Your blood pressure isnt related to it, your organs are just getting pushed up into your chest every time you have a BH.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:55 PM

BUMP!

Hearts_n_Stars
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:59 PM

same here.. except my pressure was too low, and i have moderate asthma.. saw doc, and he said its considered normal.. advised me to keep hydrated. drink lots of water.. suggested i take up more Gatorade, since it is full of electrolytes and potassium.. and put my feet up, when it happens. mine last for hours sometimes..

ready_for2
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM

thats completely normal and i had it with every single one also. its sooooo annoying. and the bigger you get, the harder it is to breathe, at least for me, bc everything was squeezed so much

kameka
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:51 PM

My doctor said it was probably my uterus pressing against my vena cava (the main vein in your abdomen) during BH contractions.  My heart goes kind of wonky and my breathing gets a little labored.  I've found laying on my left side tends to help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)