Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets help each other out!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok Mama's!  Im trying to eat better and a little more healthy since Im in my 2nd trimester and I can actually eat (sometimes).  So Im asking you to share your favorite healthy recipe, weather its for a whole meal, or just a snack on the go.  Give us all meal recipies with veggies and fish (the good kind) and all the rest of the food we 'should' be eating.  Here's mine to share with you-got this from a friend:

Take 1 carton of stawberries and slice or cube them-either way you want them.  Take 16oz of sour cream and mix the strawberries into it... take like 2-3 packets of sweet n low and mix that in.. add more if tou want it a lil sweeter.. put it in the fridge till its cold then enjoy!!!!

shopping

Pregnancy%20tickerLilypie Maternity tickers 

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KTLange
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:27 PM

BUMP!

majikalmama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aboyne
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I always love asparagus from the oven. coat them in olive oil and salt and pepper (or lemon juice, or something else equally tasty) and roast them at 400-ish for 10-20 minutes. they're soooo good!

MomNtheRes
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I get granola, lowfat vanilla yogurt, and in season fruit and my my own parfaits, yuuum. 

I will also cut up a bunch of fresh fruit and spray in some low-fat whipped cream and mix it up (I don't personally like artificial sweeteners)

shapley
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:38 PM

BUMP!

lette_with_2
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:40 PM

BUMP!

KTLange
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:53 PM
Got these from a friend:

* I make chicken chunks w/ cherry or grape tomato and garlic chunks, Red or White onion chunks and portabello mushrooms on the skewers...put them in aluminum foil sprinkle alittle ADOBO on them and pour some lite italian dressing or lite balsalmic dressing on them...close up the aluminum and throw it on the grill til the chicken is almost cooked...2 min before done you can throw them on the grates to char them add a lil more dressing the last min. Serve with whole wheat rice. (uncle browns wheat brown rice instant 10 min packs) one pack should be enough for both of you for dinner

*The ground chicken or turkey. you can make homemade burgers and freeze them. put the ground meat in a bowl. add chopped up garlic, portabello mushroom, red onion, adobo, and spinach (you can use frozen, it comes in a bag) and if you dont like spinach you will in the burgers you hardly taste it and you still get the vitamins from it. mix good and make burgers if there not sticking well add a tiny bit of bread crumb...freeze most of them in between wax paper in zip locks. Grill em up for dinner eat them on whole wheat english muffins or alone...
Instead of fried french fries...baked sweet potatoes

Grilled zuccini is yummy add a little olive oil and adobo and lite salt and pepper.

Buy whole wheat bread crumbs in stead of Bread crumbs...4c has a great wheat crumbs

Bread the chicken or the turkey cutlets and bake them

get low fat or light dressings and marinates and marinate the salmon and grill it ... eat it with veggies or over salads

Make salads with vegetables and dont be afraid to use fruit like apples and oranges and strawberries and cransins and raisins and get creative ... you'll be surprised its yummy

Asparagus with alittle adobo, salt pepper and olive oil in the oven baked for 10-15 min is my favorite

Chicken or Shrimp with any vegetables you like with wheat pasta and olive oil and fresh garlic

You could make wheat pasta with a light meat sauce with the ground turkey or chicken

Most important ... you cant be afraid to try new things and play around with recipes ... google healthy recipes and try them out...its a way of life...I gurantte you will feel happier and healthier eating this way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)