Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My stay in L&D last week

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

Last thursday I had my 34 week growth scan, well turned out the fluid level was so low they sent me into L&D to check and see if my water had broken or what. The doctor said my water hadn't broken but I was being admitted for 24 hour IV and another scan afterwards. So I got to stay stuck in a bed hooked to an IV and monitors for 24 hours. Luckily the IV worked because my levels went back up to 11 from 5 so they let me go home friday afternoon. I have to go back for another scan in the morning to check the levels again, I've been drinking more water than humanly neccesary since I got home, but I'm still worried that I'll get sent back to L&D tomorrow, because we still don't even know who the kids are staying with when I do go to have the baby and I think the guys for the gutters are coming tomorrow for a preconstruction inspection.

I had fluid level problems with my other 2 pregnancies but not that low this early. With my daughter her levels went down gradually until 39 weeks when they were the same as last thursday and they sent me to be induced. With my son his levels  went down to a high level of low but went back up to normal.

I'm also worried because I have yet to recieve my medicaid either because of my lazy snotty case worker. So if I go in and have to have him now, I'm going to have no medical with a baby in the nicu. And we don't have anything ready for the baby at home either. frustratedembarrassed

Mommy to Chloe, Wyatt & #3 on its way!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
majikalmama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Hugs mama I hope everything works out for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Just so you know the medcaid will back date once it goes through so don't worry about that.  Worry doesn't help.  Make sure to drink lots, and rest.  Rest is the key to keeping the fluid higher so that you aren't using all your fluids sweating and what not.  Good luck and try to relax. 

gregory2
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Dont worry about the insurance moma! like pp said it will go back and cover you and baby for any expenses.. I just got my approval letter last wk and it is covering my medical bills from Jan. So let that be the least of your worries. Also the gutter guy lol. Thats an easy reschedule if nessacary. As for you other kids something will work out if its an emergancy I promise it always does! just dont stress you'll b fine!!!

orange4agua72
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I'm sorry mama!!! Keep up the drinking and try to relax.... let us know how it goes tomorrow morning!!! GL!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Good luck tommorow.  I hope it all goes well for you.  Hugs

Chloe_n_Wyatt
by on May. 25, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Ultrasound went ok. The fluid level is still good, but it did go down from Friday afternoon. It was at 11 friday afternoon and at an 8 this morning. I have to go back in a week for another check. I also found out today from the regestration lady at the hospital that my medicaid is active and she was nice enough to print the number out for me.

Mommy to Chloe, Wyatt & #3 on its way!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

JsunkissedB
by on May. 25, 2010 at 3:48 PM

one relief is that when you do get approved for medicaid they pay for everything dated back till you turned your application in. right when you turn your app in they date the paperwork so at least dont worry about that k hun =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)