Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is your "hero"? Tell us about the person you admire most!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM
  • 11 Replies
Who is your "hero"? Tell us about the person you admire most!

If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!andee-1.jpg picture by us5dots

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Kelley09
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:15 PM

My mom. My father decided to take a two week break from work, which turned into four years. During this time, my mother had to care for me, my brother and my father. It seemed like she had three kids on her hands. He spent every day at the bar, while she worked her tail off to make sure we had a roof over our heads, food in our tummys and clothes on our backs, all the while my father was sleeping with every woman in town! All the hard work she did paid off though, we moved out of the trailer park we lived in (we moved in when I was two, out when I was twelve) and into the country. 5.7 acres she busted her butt for us to have and a brand new mobile home to park out there! Also, when she and my father divorced, he stayed in her home in the country, while she and I lived in an apartment in town and she paid rent on the apartment, and paid for the trailer in the country, while my father lived there absolutely free! She is my hero! She's hard working and has a great head on her shoulders. I love this woman with all my heart! Sorry it was long...

orange4agua72
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I really don't have one honestly.

Hearts_n_Stars
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:24 PM

my great grandmother... she raised my mom..  my grams gave her up, and turned around and had more kids.. instead of being resentful, or making excuses, she turned out just fine, even without her real dad in the picture... her siblings were bad apples, and their children became trash.. drug addicts, boozers, gangbangers, you name it, thats what i am related to.. she was so glad for being given up, because she was raised to the best of granny's abilities..

lovebugs_mom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:25 PM

My mom is for sure. She raised 5 kids, then went back to school to get a degree in education, only to go back and earn her masters degree - graduating magna cum laude each time. On top of her successes, she is just an overall awesome person. She gives 100% to her family and her job. If I ever needed her, she would drop everything to be there. She is the nicest, sweetest, most patient person you could ever hope to meet.

BooBearsMomma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I have three- My brother.  He was born with developmental disabilities and was the most amazing person I have ever known.  He died when he was 6, and I was 15.  His life and death taught me pretty much everything I know about the world.  I lost my reason for living with him, but eventually had to find my own reason, within.  Him and my father are the strongest people I've ever known.

My dad- He has had cancer for 22 years.  When I was 4 they gave him 6 weeks to live.  He never gave up, he also has COPD, heart disease, has had 6 strokes (they said he'd never recover and he did) gout R.A, and has had 4 major heart attacks.  He has never given up.  He is still a volenteer firefighter, dealt with my severaly abusive alcoholic mom for 22 years (until their divorce).  He has a heart of gold, and would give his last cent to help someone.

My husband- He got in a horrible relationship (turned into a meth addict) was in the process of getting out, and she turned up pregnant.  Once he knew the baby was his he stepped up and is the most amazing father. He married her to get custody of him, went through hell and back, including repeated domestic violence, to make sure everything was done right for his son. The things he has been through for that little boy would make your skin crawl.  It would have been so easy for him to walk away (and sometimes I'm sure he questions why he didn't) but he has his son to show, and when OUR sons (I raise him, she sees him once a month) grow up, they will have the most amazing father figure, someone to really look up to.

my2kids131512
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM

my brother,

he died 2 yrs ago,  he was a firefighter he died in a house fire getting people out,  he was 19 yrs old  had a life ahead of him.  now im sad cause he not here to see the new comers in the family

starrymonkey
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:06 PM

My mom.  She didn't have an easy live (at one point she, my grandma, and my four aunts & uncles all had to live in a broken down bus).  She had me when she was 16, and things didn't get any easier.  Of course, it didn't help that I was a little shit growing up :-)

She made a lot of mistakes over the course of her life - and quite a few that had really big impacts on my sister and I.  When I was sixteen I emancipated myself and moved to a different state.  Over the next four years or so we tried really hard to patch things up, and for the most part we did.  But it wasn't until I had DS, and I really understood what kind of sacrifices she made for me, that we really got close again.  

Now, after nearly 25 years of turmoil, fights, and tears, she is my best friend, my most trusted confidante, and the person I look up to most in the world.  I wouldn't trade my mother, or the experiences of my childhood for anything - they made me who I am, the mother than I am, and I will be eternally grateful for that.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

ColtsFan1912
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:07 PM

First is my dad. He is a wonderful father. We grew up struggling with money,but he always worked hard, sometimes two jobs. He still had time to play with us, spend with us. He was my brothers little league coach for many years. When I got pregnant with Caleb he was 100% supportive & helped us out. Even now 2000 miles apart he is there if i need him. (this makes me miss him even more)

My 2nd here is Tony Dungy the old coach of the Colts. He led my beloved Colts to their first Super Bowl win since coming to Indianapolis :) He is a great man of faith. . .he lost his son yet has such faith it blows my mind. He was a coach that cared, didn't cuss (the team said they only heard him cuss once. . he was talking about being on a show called "the best damn sports show ever. .. the team asked him if they realized what he said & he was like opps lol) I admire that man a lot. He's not ashamed of his belief in God & to me, thats pretty dang cool

BeckieLea
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:25 PM

My hero... My Husband. He is the only one to tell me and help me prove to myself that I am strong enough to do anything on my own. He has been there through the tough times- all the bad fights with my 'rents, my 'dad' who chose to leave my mother for 6 months, my mother's attempted suicide, and our miscarriage in June 09... and so much more. He is always there to stick up for me and the push me to stick up for myself- which I rarely do with my 'rents. I don't think I would be where I am today without him. I wouldn't be much of a mother to our babygirl due June 14th either. He always pushes me to do what I want, and when that was be a SAHM and wife he was like fine and thats what you will be.. I tell him that I have thought about this career or that hobby he is like well then do it... 

My child and future children definitely have a wonderful role model and person to look up too.  

AMZF812
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:05 PM

My husband. He had a rough life growing up. When he was six, his mother died in a horrible car crash. A couple of months later, his uncle whom he was very close to died in a motorcycle accident. His biological father has also never been a part of his life. I don't even think he knows that he has a grandson. (DS) DH was taken in by his aunt and her husband aka. his mom and dad. They love him just like their own, but I know it still hurts him that his real mother was never able to meet our son, and that his real dad just doesn't care to.

Even though he's been through so much in his life, he is the most genuine, caring, loving and respectful person I know. He is an amazing husband and an amazing father. It is wonderful to watch him with our son. He is also very excited about having another baby, and constantly takes care of me. (back rubs, helping pick up the house, etc)

He also works fulltime, 40+ hours a week so that I can stay home with my son. He is a wonderful man and I love him very much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)