Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh Crap...

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:33 PM
  • 23 Replies

So, today DS and I took a tour of a private school that we are more than likely going to be enrolling him in for preschool.  In our area the public schools are less than fantastic, and with his SPD we're determined to get him the best education possible.  My nephews attend this school, and I LOVED it!!!  I am actually really excited, especially because the tuition is really reasonable.

Until.... I learned that the only requirement that he doesn't meet (as of now, we do have until November) is to be fully potty trained.  Crap!!  I've tried, and tried, but he just hasn't been ready.  So, I guess we're going to try a bit harder this summer!  Any advice or suggestions on how to go about it?  (No cheerios, we tried that, and he tried to take them out of the bowl and eat them).

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rileysmommy229
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:37 PM

how old is he...my son isn't fully trained and he is 3..doctor said that was normal and to just keep doing what we are doing...and he has been teaching himself pretty much...he started siting to pee at first but now he stands...he does still wear diapers though :(

Jess0915
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I gave mine (one boy, one girl) m&m's. One m&m for pee, and two for poo. My daughter was fully trained at 15 months and my son was fully trained at nearly 3 years old and it only took about a week for each of them.

:-)

Then I told parents I babysit for about this, and they used jelly beans and it worked for them too.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
starrymonkey
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:39 PM

He's 2 and 1/2.  I know that it's kind of young - but he starts preschool immediately after his third birthday.  His therapy ends the day he turns 3, so he gets enrolled in preschool in order to be able to continue his therapy, and make sure we don't start sliding backwards.

So, I basically have to do my damndest to get him potty trained by the time he turns 3.

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 24, 2010 at 5:40 PM

BUMP!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I have been giving my daughter gummie bears as a treat, and it works like a charm.  Good luck...here is a bump too.

alwaystheresa
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I just always took my 3 year old SS to potty after snack, after nap, after any meal, and first thing in the morning. Also try every 45min to hour just take him. I was able to take about a week off and just me and him worked on it and by the end of the week he was fully trained.

Bren07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:49 PM

we did the 3day potty training thing for my son..he was potty trained day and night in 3 days and had like one accident every few wks for a few months and now he has like maybe one accident a month if that..we did the 3day thing back in august, he turned 2 in june and is about to turn 3..

sassyKween
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:52 PM

My son is 2 and a half and he is fully potty trained... his daycare was a BIG help so I give them most of the credit.  When he was home we wouldnt let him watch cartoons for 30mins if he peed on hisself and if he went in the potty he got fruit snacks.  Worked well enough for us.  He's been FULLY potty trained for about 3mos now, but has been working on it since he was 23 months

starrymonkey

What is this?

Quoting Bren07:

we did the 3day potty training thing for my son..he was potty trained day and night in 3 days and had like one accident every few wks for a few months and now he has like maybe one accident a month if that..we did the 3day thing back in august, he turned 2 in june and is about to turn 3..

mommieof

Question do you use pull ups on him? if so stop cause as I learned with my previous two they know that is a diaper and can still go potty in it I just let my kids pee or poop their undies and they hated the feeling of it so it straightened them up real quick my son was potty trained very quickly and at age 2 my daughter was 2 1/2 i started a little bit late with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)