Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood pressure question

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

At my last doctors app at my regular doc (got swiched to a peri. b/c problems with baby) when they took my blood pressure the bottom number was higher than normal..I didnt catch the top number and I wont guess b/c it will probably be horribly wrong LOL..but the bottom number was 83.  The only reason why I am a little concerned about it is because my average blood pressure is 100/60 (I normally run on the low side).  Now my peri told me to watch out for signs of pre-e b/c IUGR (which is what my baby has) can be caused by pre-e....though they didnt explain to me what to look for, and I never look up med. info on the internet LOL.  Anyways is that something to worry about?  and at the last app. they said I had protein in my urine but only small amounts so I didnt think to much of it.  I have other things going on as well but I have no idea if it correlates so I dont want to bother you with a list lol.  Thanks so much.

Pregnancy%20ticker

°o☆Proud Mom of 3 kids under3, and another little bean on the way☆o°

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Caro82
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM

83 is not high.... the "normal" bp is 120 over 80... did your doc say anything about it??

Sweet_Holly
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:06 PM

I had high blood pressure and pre-e and protein (not much til it got worse) in my urine too.

But I had to be in induced at 36wks and have  a c/s

each pregnancy is different, so they maybe able to control yours hopefully. & all should be fine. Dont worry too much, they will prob want to check you a bit more to make sure you and baby are fine and healthy. It can be controlled in most cases. Mine was just one that magnesium through iv wouldn't control it so we had to do emerg c/s.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Holly Love Proud Mama & Wifey to DS Caleb & DH Dan & Bundle of Joy #2 otw. PRO ISRAEL, IDF, PROUD JEWS, VACCS, C/S, CO-SLEEPING, SPOILING, SHOPPING & NO RULES.

kysmom642
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I wouldn't worry just yet. my bp is about what yours usually is. last week it went up to 104/92. i about freaked out. a couple of days later it was 130/84.  that is still high for me though.

christinabri
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Keep an eye out for ANY swelling more then normal, and if you can keep taking your blood pressure.  If it goes up AT ALL call your doctor.  Esp. with a little protien in the urine.  I had preeclampsia develop almost out of nowhere in my 37th week, and had to have an emergancy c-sec, because my BP was 130/105.  I'm normaly 112/60. My BP is still considered high and i'm on BP meds because I'm still 120/83.

mommareed
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:11 PM

no but that was my last app. with her so I dont know if she just overlooked it b/c of that or not..and I didnt know if b/c I am normally low even in my last pregnancy I was always in the low hundreds/ in the 60's..if being in the 80's meant something to come or not...I guess I will just keep a eye out for it.  Thankyou! =)

Pregnancy%20ticker

kysmom642
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM

i thought they changed 120/80 to prehypertension?

Quoting Caro82:

83 is not high.... the "normal" bp is 120 over 80... did your doc say anything about it??

kysmom642
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:15 PM

And 83 isn't a number on the bp cuff so maybe someone else should check it. they only use even numbers. maybe she just read it wrong or guessed.

mommareed
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Quoting christinabri:

Keep an eye out for ANY swelling more then normal, and if you can keep taking your blood pressure.  If it goes up AT ALL call your doctor.  Esp. with a little protien in the urine.  I had preeclampsia develop almost out of nowhere in my 37th week, and had to have an emergancy c-sec, because my BP was 130/105.  I'm normaly 112/60. My BP is still considered high and i'm on BP meds because I'm still 120/83.

Thankyou..acually my whole body is pretty swollen but I have Lupus as well and that also causes swelling.  My hands and feet have pretty much been swollen this whole pregnancy but the last couple of days it feels like my whole body is swollen but I chalked that up to it being so hot/humid, along with dizzy spells,  headaches, nausea, clogged ears, and my left eye everytime my blood "thumps" I get a black spot in my eye (hope that makes sence).  But with all those things it either goes along with normal stuff I get with Lupus and heat and normal pregnancy stuff. So I really thought nothing of it. 

I think when I talk to my doc. tomorrow I will mention it to him, just in case.  Thankyou!

Pregnancy%20ticker

mommareed
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Quoting kysmom642:

And 83 isn't a number on the bp cuff so maybe someone else should check it. they only use even numbers. maybe she just read it wrong or guessed.

it was a digital one so I dont know if that makes a difference....lol she was in such a rush she could have misread it also.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)