Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those with Pre-eclampsia

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM
  • 18 Replies

Did you have to be induced? how far along where you? how high was your bp? I was just diagnosed with it today and they can't tell me anything just go with the flow lol.. I am in the hospital and will be probably till the baby is born so i'm not too worried since i'm on meds and they take my bp every 4 hours.. but I was just curious about others.....

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
majikalmama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:11 PM
Idk but bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klamomma2
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I don't know how high my blood pressure was it was 4 yrs ago,  but I got it when I was 32 wks and was induced at 37wks 3 days.  I was on bed rest and did twice weekly NST.  Goodluck!!

Nemhs
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Yes i was induced, i was 39 weeks, and it got as high as 130/113.Try not to stress that only makes it worse.

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Well, I didnt have Pre E..although, HELLP kinda starts OUT like Pre E...haha. It just goes way shitter way faster!

I was 32 weeks and knew about it for about 9 hours before we had to deliver. 

Pregnancy%20ticker

Jordansmom810
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

Well, I didnt have Pre E..although, HELLP kinda starts OUT like Pre E...haha. It just goes way shitter way faster!

What is HELLP? i never actually heard of it?

CafeMom Tickers
luvmymarine123
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I had pre-e and im not too sure what my blood pressure was... but i kept getting sent to l&d and then they would send me home because they would make me lay on my side and my blood pressure would go back down. One day i went in for an NST and they sent me to l&d and i was totally just expecting to sit there for a couple hours while they monitor me and i would be going home but sure enough the nurse walked in and said we are going to go ahead and deliver i was in total shock and started bawling just because i didnt feel ready for it. I was exactly 38 weeks when they induced me.

mujeronTriny
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I had that twice with my 2 pregnancies at al most 37 weeks !

kileys_mommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I was admitted to the hospital at 37 weeks with DD for extreme swelling in my feet and legs plus high BP.  They were going to induce me the following morning, but the swelling and BP went down overnight.  Over the next 3 weeks, I started spilling protein and my BP started getting higher and higher.  On my due date was when I was induced because my BP wouldn't come down, even while resting on my left side.  I don't remember what it was, though.  It was 4 years ago. :)

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Quoting Jordansmom810:

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

What is HELLP? i never actually heard of it?

This explains it FAR better then I can. I had "Class 1 HELLP Syndrome".

Its pretty rare when I find anyone else who has heard of it, let alone had it! I think Ive found a couple moms on here who have known someone who had it : )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HELLP_syndrome

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000890.htm

Pregnancy%20ticker

Jordansmom810
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Quoting luvmymarine123:

I had pre-e and im not too sure what my blood pressure was... but i kept getting sent to l&d and then they would send me home because they would make me lay on my side and my blood pressure would go back down. One day i went in for an NST and they sent me to l&d and i was totally just expecting to sit there for a couple hours while they monitor me and i would be going home but sure enough the nurse walked in and said we are going to go ahead and deliver i was in total shock and started bawling just because i didnt feel ready for it. I was exactly 38 weeks when they induced me.

Oh wow that is soo scary! So sorry you had to go through that.. :(

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)