Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you wear a bikini pregnant??

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:50 PM
  • 105 Replies

I will be about 28 wks pregnant next weekend while I'm at the beach. And since I am ALL belly and have NO stretch marks... I went out and got an adorable bikini to wear. Now I feel comfortable in it and think it looks adorable. So does my husband...and he would deff tell me if I shouldn't wear it or not. I tried on the tankinis and one pieces...and I felt HUGE in them.

I have read posts on other sites that pregnant women shouldnt wear bikinis bc its either DISTURBING, GROSS or being compared to OBESE women in bikinis. I however, dont agree. Maybe it would be it a women was covered it bright red scary stretchmarks... but cmon on now. I think pregnant women can have fun too!

So.... being pregnant, would you wear a bikini in public (beach or pool)? Do you feel sexy or sexier pregnant? Do you find it disturbing, gross or compared to obese women?? What is your opinion??

REMEMBER PICTURE QUALITY SUX...AND IM PALE!! lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I think it's cute if you can pull it off.. Why don't you post a pic and put up a poll and let us help you decide?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               baby boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Leo Harry born 5-13-2010

teri4lance
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:52 PM

sure I would - my pg belly was beeeee-utiful. anyone who gives you shit - tell them to fuck off.

KendraCay
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I wore one the other day. I have stretch marks on my sides, but I just wore my shorts up high enough to cover them. I see no problem with wearing a bakini while pregnant.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

YouMeAnThree
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:53 PM

i did last pregnancy i thought it was cute.. dont let any one tell you its not if you feel good in it then go for it!!

expecting babyBaby Number 3 Due October 20thpregnant belly

krystalgem85

I was just at Wis dells for a wedding and didn't get a maternity suit before our trip had a bikini and I was fine. You will be fine

LilMommy2B24

I don't find it gross at all! I intend on wearing my bikini!

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 8:56 PM

aww now i'm jealous..everyone else looks so wonderful in bikini's while pregnant.. i gained 100lbs each pregnancy so me in a bikini with an extra 100lbs would not look good

Randi02
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Yes.

I have with all of my pregnancies, especially this one because I will be having a summer baby.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one on the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

JenniL05
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:57 PM

This was me at 33 weeks with my first! I will probably do it again this time too. ;)

Mommybear09
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Well I am an obese person and have strech marks (that I hate but am proud of at the same time) and I still plan to wear a bikini this year because I just don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks. It took me almost 17 years to love who I am and while I am still not 100% comfetable with my body I know that I am still beautiful so I consider myself a Big Beautiful Woman and it takes a real hearted man to love me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)