Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Measuring behind?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm 31 weeks 3 days and I went for my last ultrasound today.  I'm measuring 2 weeks behind from the doctor measuring the height of my uterus and then the baby is measuring 29 weeks 1 day by ultrasound.  Anyone else measured behind?  If so how did things come out?  Just a small baby at birth or what?

Just wondering because my first child was born with a ton of birth defects and even he always measured ahead, he never measured small.  He was born at 27 weeks and was barely under 3 pounds.  Then my 2 year old DD always measured right on track and she was 6 pounds 2 ounces at 37 weeks. 

So should I just be looking forward to a smaller baby or what should I expect?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
yummy_mommy89
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:42 PM

ultrasounds are only estimates. if you know when your last period was and such id just stick to that

grapejelly
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I'm not sure so here's a bump :)

sabrinasolis
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:53 PM
As far as I'm told ultrasounds can measure anywhere from 2 weeks early to 2 weeks late and is just an estimate. With my first I was measuring a little small for a few weeks and at the ultrasound they found I had low fluid. I had to be enduced that day. But I'd say that they checked that at your ultrasound so I wouldnt worry about it being that, if something was wrong at the ultrasound they would have made you stay in the room while they go call your doctor, at least thats what they did with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kisha89
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:57 PM

im in the same boat momma. im 31 weeks as of tomorrow. an im measuring 28. we know my due date isnt wrong cuz i had a vaginal ultrasound and thats how we got my due date lol BUT i went for my u/s thursday and they said my daughter is 3lb 9 oz and she's in the 55% for growth so i wouldnt stress it too much. maybe yur like me and yur the exception to the rule lol!! hope that makes yu feel better dear!!

majikalmama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:03 PM
Idk but bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarina8895
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:34 PM
I meaured almost 4 weeks behind right up until 42 weeks. And low and behold I had a 6 lb 12 oz. Healthy baby girl!!! My doctor said not ALL women measure what week they are, that is just what they go by bc the majority do. You should be fine I wouldn't stress too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)