Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what does real labor feel like?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:05 PM
  • 15 Replies
I know its different for everyone but there is still that general idea, this is not my first baby but I had a silent labor with my son then a c section. So I have no clue, I'm having a c section in a month but I just feel extremly weird right now. The past hour or so I have had cramps, which is normal but they are so crampy my back hurts. I feel kind of light headed and just weird, idk how to explain it.

Ill call my doc if I feel bad enough but I don't like calling unless I need to since I'm an hour away cause if it was fake itd be a true waste

Help

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyRJ
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:06 PM
Oh I forgot, my braxton Hicks are getting very very harsh, I feel them in my cervix even. Is that normal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:08 PM

could be labor!  i know when i was going to be induced with my daughter i thought those same pains were just braxton hicks but they hooked me up the monitor and i was already contracting

lauratupper
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:08 PM

for me it felt like my insides were being ripped apart

doulala
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:11 PM

it kinda sounds like maybe...

drink water
eat nourishing foods
rest
shower/bathe

JenniL05
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:17 PM

That sounds like my labor. I just felt weird with what felt like period cramps  that progressed throughout the day. Then I started getting back pain as well so I figured I'd go in just to be on the safe side...my son was born 6 hours later. I'd at least call your OB to see what he thinks. Good luck!

MommyRJ
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Yeah I'm laying down with some ice water.. Noticing I can time these. Yuck. If it keeps up I'm going to the shower next.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ameliasmommy221
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:18 PM

I felt like someone was stabbing me and twisting the knife over and over again..

MommyRJ
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Omg. A lot of me is glad I'm having a c section lol

Quoting ameliasmommy221:

I felt like someone was stabbing me and twisting the knife over and over again..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:29 PM

ahh, geez!    

MY labors never felt like that...

yeep!

my2kids131512
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:31 PM

feels like something big coming out of a little ass hole lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)