Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Announcing the gender???

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

I want to know how all of you plan on announcing the baby's gender to your family...are you going to do something creative? Are you going to make calls, emails, texts? I'm really curious as to what everyone plans to do. :)

We told my SO's family tonight while we were all out to eat. We had made cupcakes with blue filling inside(obviously, since this is a boy..lol) and brought them to the restaurant with us. No one even knew why we were actually there....but it turned out well! As soon as we finished eating, Tommy pulled out the cupcakes that the hostess had stashed away for us, and announced that inside the cupcakes had a surprise. I included that the color of the inside indicated if we were having a boy or girl! It didn't take long for everyone to bite into those little cakes! LOL

It was priceless  and everyone got to find out at the same time! Then we passed around the ultrasound pics.....it was pretty awesome if I say so myself. lol Great night......

Now tell me what you mama's did/want to do......

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom2wy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:31 PM

That is an awesome way to tell everyone!!

majikalmama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:31 PM
That was such a cute idea. I never did anything special...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megara
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:32 PM
We had a gender cake party with some of our friends - except the gender was a secret from us, too! My friend found out the gender at our u/s and baked the cake for us. So when we all got together to cut the cake, it was a REAL surprise!
palemoon21
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Quoting Megara:

We had a gender cake party with some of our friends - except the gender was a secret from us, too! My friend found out the gender at our u/s and baked the cake for us. So when we all got together to cut the cake, it was a REAL surprise!

That's awesome!!!! :)

asil
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:35 PM

with our first we just blabbed it out... with our second... our first told every one she was "getting a sissy" so... after a bit of clarification they figured out it was a girl.

with this one we were thinking of doing something similar to what you did... either a blue or pink something... cake, cookies, candies...  but we may just have our oldest tell the family again... she was so cute the last time, and they all know that we will find out around 20 weeks (hopefully earlier)...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)