Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So pissed at my DH! *VENT* (kinda long)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

Okay, first off, let me explain my situation! My husband and I have a travel job, that requires us to be on the road year around. I found out on April Fools day I was pregnant with our first. Judging by my hgc levels, the doctor estimated me at 2 weeks pregnant, which would have set conception about the first day of my missed period. I then did research and found that, counting from the first day of my last period, I was more around 6 weeks. Instead of going home right away, I decided to stay with him for a while so we could save up money for a house and stuff for the baby. Not this past sunday, but the sunday before, I was suppose to go to my moms so I could get set up with a doctor. That's when we found out a friend was selling her mobile home (quite nice and in really good condition) and we decided to save up some extra money to make sure we could afford it, and I was gonna go home this past sunday. THEN, one of the vehicles we used got messed up and wouldn't work, which changed the day we travel to the next town from Sunday, to wednesday. So, though I was mad, I bit my tongue and said, okay, I can wait a little while longer (okay, I just realized I got the sundays wrong. It was three sundays ago I was suppose to go home, then two sundays ago, which puts us up to date where everything is in my venting) So I couldn't go home that sunday, because other co-workers were using our vehicle until that wednesday when they got theirs fixed. So, we decided to live tomorrow, which will put me (by the doctors standards) at 11 weeks (or the first day of last period standards) which is 15 weeks. Anyways, we were just talking about leaving tomorrow, and he says, "We may have to stay!" WTF?! I can't keep putting this off! I have to get a doctor before I'm too far along to where I won't get excepted and he KNOWS this! I told him I can't keep putting it off and he pretty much said oh well! I want to knock the shit out of him! Or cry...I haven't figured out which...I can't believe him though! He knows it's important to get a doctor and start getting appt's set up before its too late! Thanks for listening and sorry for it being too long or hard to understand cuz I screwed up the dates...But anyways, how can a husband put his job before his wife and unborn child? I understand we need the money if we really wanna get this house and all, but still, I need a doctor! This is my first and I don't wanna chance not knowing what I'm doing!

Pregnant with my first! It is still unknown if it's a boy or a girl, but my nieces have nicknamed it BurgerBuckley! (Buckley from my maiden name and their last name)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mstevens10
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM

sorry mama.. i dont know what to tell you. He needs to realize that you have to go home so you can get to a dr to verify things are going ok and the baby isn't having any complications you need to address... I hope the best for you!

socks_in_kansas
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:21 AM

i know how u feel i found out i was prego got in for my 10 week check up after calling the doc for 1 and 1/2 months they finaly called me back, and i was unemployed at the time so i have no health care i todl them that and they said no problem we will send a letter noting ur prego to send to health wave so i went there and they nevr said i had a payment of 250 bucks each time i seen them till i got healthwave. and then  after health wave paid them back i would get my money back after healthwaves pays for eveything after the baby was born. ok i cannt do that i have no job so i kept having to cancle my drs appointments i was almost 20 weeks before i was seen my by my drs nurses. and then when i went in to go see her they still wanted me to pay 250 dollors i laughted at them if i have health wave why am i paying? long story short they mad me set dates up till my c section and all and i had to wait almost another 2 months to see my obgyn trust me u will find out if its not one thing its another. i was calling health wave every day mon-fri. causes the drs offuices wanted to get me for no obgyn care for my baby.

palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:27 AM

*hugs* I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Is there a way you guys could have a heart to heart about how you are feeling? My guess is he doesn't really "understand" what a big deal it is to you since he is not the one pregnant. Most men do not really "accept" or really "grasp" the concept of pregnancy untill later on. They don't feel the changes or see a baby, tummy, ect at this point so it's not really "real" to them until they see visual changes.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Are you able to start calling around to at least get an appointment date set?  I know some docs are backed up for the first appt, and it takes quite some time to get in with them.  I guess I dont have much else to say to you except keep working on your hubby.  hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)