Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maternity/Newborn Portraits

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

I've been looking at getting portraits done for me and DBF with my pregnant belly, and then some newborn pictures and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them. I've found that it's about 250 dollars a session, print packages from 325 - 1000 dollars. I didn't know it was so expensive.

I also wanted to see if anyone had any advice on approaching my DBF with this. I've mentioned it before, but not seriously having done actual research. I think the price may be very offputting for him, but this is so very important to me. My first baby was adopted out against my will (long story) and I have 2 pictures of him at 3 days old and nothing else. I've begged for pictures, but his adoptive parents refuse to send me any. Anyway, it's one of the hardest things for me, not having a lot of pictures, and so having a lot of pictures this time is one of the most important things for me. I, however, have not been working due to just moving here and this pregnancy, so it would be all his money.

Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks girls!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Well, you can have photos taken and they don't really have to be done by a professional. If you have a camera, find someone with a steady hand and have them snap some photos of you and your DF.

I have never had preofessional maternity photos done with my other children but I will with this one. I have a friend who is an aspiring photographer so he is offering to do my maternity shoot at no charge for the exchange of using my photos on his website. That's something else you could look into. :) Some artists need "models" and instead of payment it's a barter system.

bopanddomsmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:55 AM

i put up a nice back drop in my living room and my sister took them and we edit them ourselves....they looked really good. id show one but i dont know how to post a pic in here!

ColieO
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 AM
Wow. That's ridiculous. I'd keep looking around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM
One thing my sister did was found someone she knows that's a photographer, paid for the film and everything and the lady didn't charge her for taking the actual photos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AddyLeigh
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM

This is my last baby so I am having a professional birth photographer. She's doing my maternity, birth, & newborn portraits. W/ each I get 4 -4x6s, 1 -5x7, 1 -8x10 plus the CDs w/ all the copyright pics on them for me to have and do whatever I want with, plus a slideshow set to music of selected birth pics. All of that is costing us $700. If it's something you really want, do it! You can't go back and it stinks to not have it and want it. Just let your SO know how important it really is for you. And then look around and find some different photographers to talk to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)