• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant Bridesmaids -- HELP!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:49 AM
  • 17 Replies

So my sister in law just got engaged. The wedding will be on the beach at the end of august. I'll be in my 7th month! Plus, one of the other bridesmaids will have just had her baby, and another one is build literally like a short little stick!

So, I am supposed to help find our dresses. She would like something like this (except this one is almost $300!) and in a European gray. Help? Ideas?Consolations?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
majikalmama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:51 AM
Idk but bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pregowithfifth
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:52 AM

well you can always suggest to her that the bridesmaids can pick thier own dresses but still be in the gray that she wants.  I did it for my bridesmaids and they looked great!

mandy716
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Is it possible she could go with the dresses that are the same dress but you can do different things with them.  It works wonderful when you have different shaped ladies involved.  I do not have a link or even know how to look them up but I saw them on that David Tutera wedding show a few days ago.

abra
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:53 AM

I did that. She would prefer us to be all matchy matchy with the style, too.

Quoting pregowithfifth:

well you can always suggest to her that the bridesmaids can pick thier own dresses but still be in the gray that she wants.  I did it for my bridesmaids and they looked great!

palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Quoting pregowithfifth:

This is great advice! I say if the brdie is ok with it...this seems like the best option.

LaughterHugs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:56 AM

go a-line, most forgiving for multiple body types and belly bumps :D

pregowithfifth
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Quoting abra:

I did that. She would prefer us to be all matchy matchy with the style, too.

Quoting pregowithfifth:

I guess i would put it to her as you are going to be very pregnant and yes it is her special day but the bridesmaids will also be on display and you are not comfortable wearing a dress like that.  I dont mean that to sound bitchy because that is what one of my bridesmaids told me and that is when I told them they could wear what they wanted as long as they were all the same color.  Another suggestion is maybe find a similar dress that has a jacket or shoulder wrap?

tomib
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:10 AM

I am not sure about the price, but here is this and you can get it in different colors.  it looksl ike it could accommodate a baby bump

http://www.edenbridals.com/7252-p-1499.html

abra
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I don't mind the dress, I'm just not sure how to fit 7months of belly into it!

Thanks, tomib! I'll check it out!

ready_for2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 AM

for that many special cases, why doesnt she just choose a color/style and then let each bridesmaid pick her own dress.

thats what i was planning anyway, to save money. i was going to tell them to all get knee length, blue dresses. they didnt have to match exactly, just same length and close to the same shade of blue. and then of course they would have a dress they could wear again and one they actually liked. i kinda think its a waste to have someone buy an expensive dress that they can only wear one time...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)