Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, I'm disgusted!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:58 AM
  • 27 Replies
This girl I know just found out she is pregnant. She has been married for five years and they just decided to try for a kid about six months ago. She's about three months along. Her "great" husband is a pig.

He went from this nice guy to a jackass.

When he found out she was pregnant he told her she better not gain any "unnecessary" weight and any weight she gains, she better lose within two months of the baby being born or he will consider leaving her.

She is just devastated. Five years they have been married and he has NEVER treated her this way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pregowithfifth
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:00 AM

wow some men are just assholes! 

adt87
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:00 AM

That's ridiculous. What a jerk!

palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:01 AM

WOW!! Really? What a dickhead. I have no other words.

JHall
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:03 AM

That dude is a jackass I would smack him.  Most women if it is their first baby they do gain a little more weight cause their body really doesn't know how to react to this "new thing" going on.  He needs to understand she just might put on a little bit more then was needed but that is all part of pregnancy.  I'm gonna laugh if she doesn't gain much but he is the one that gains the biggest portion or the baby weight he will feel like a jackass then and she sould say something to him about that one.  DH always gained while I was pregnant and always more then I did lol.  I say she needs to just smack him in the back of his dumb head.

MomNtheRes
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Yea, I'd tell him he had nothing to worry about and pack my bags. What an ass!

Hearts_n_Stars
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM

he had better be built like a damn greek god, for him to be talking to her like this.. what an asshole..

NiChOlE06
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:06 AM

WOWWWW.... :( thats sad.

pacificamom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:40 AM

men freak out about fatherhood sometimes. She will definitely need additional support until he gets it-Lord willing he does.

doulala
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM

I would plan on gaining a ton and keeping it~   if I had HIM to look forward to!!
goodbye.

umm, HELLO!!      How about being excited about a new baby?!
Love his priorities.

sheesh.

frustrated

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

chell.chell
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:46 AM

She is sure he wasn't kidding? Wow that is horrible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)