Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why??? (VENT)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

Why is it that women feel it's appropriate to judge other women on their beliefs, choices, decisions, etc.? Everyone is so judgemental these days and it's pretty ridiculous that when you turn to some people for help or advice it sometimes gets thrown back in your face. I see so many posts on here where women are bashing and believing that THEY know what's best for everyone..when really you only know whats best for yourself and/or family. I just don't believe it's right to sit on your high horse and tell someone who you don't even know how terrible they are...why can't we all just live by the motto we try to teach our children... "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all"? Alot of women need support and advice, not bashing & judging! Women have the right to make the decisions they make even if you don't agree, alot of people may not agree with some decisions the bashers make but hey, that's life...get over it!

Wheeewwww that makes me feel alot better :)

Heather, girlfriend to Adam for 3 years and soon to be mommy to Cameron Douglas Tauer!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rebel_mommy09
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:41 AM

I know what you mean though and it makes me sick that people can be so judgemental. I understand if you have an opinion, but state it and move on. No need to keep on and on, it's just a waste of time kwim

Edit:: What I am saying is that it makes me sick when someone bashes another person over the way they raise their child or the way they live their life. I just wanted to clarify.

doulala
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:42 AM

**There should be no bashing in this group.**

We are all on our own journeys in life and must choose which path is right for us~  absolutely!

I have seen a lot of intervention-related posts here lately, if those are what you're referring to.    Women may/may not choose what is safest but that might not be relevant to what is best for them.  
Many will offer their own accounts and experiences regarding the subject at hand, that is what the group is all about.

This group is meant to offer info, advice, support, answers, questions, opinions...    all that good stuff!

:-)

I think it's especially good to hear all sides because it helps to make for a well-rounded education.

palemoon21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:46 AM

I don't really see alot of "bashing" per say in this group. I in fact believe that it's a pretty respectful,  diverse group of mamas we have here. Another member said something that was brilliant and it was something along the lines of " Some people view bashing as having an opinion that differs from their own". She also gave an example of bashing versus speaking an opinion.

Anyway, I'm sorry that you feel this way. *hugs* I really think this group is full of women who are passionate about their values and regardless of anyone else's beliefs we are going to do what is best for our families......so try not to take "bashing" to heart. It's sometimes easy to sound rude/critical/mean when typing since there is very limited ways to express emotion in an online forum.

rebel_mommy09
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:50 AM

This group is awesome and very seldem do I ever see bashing. There are a few other ones though that I have seen it in and it's ridiculous. I define bashing as putting the op down for their decisions or ways or continuously arguing with a person. Each and every person is entitled to an opinion, but some take it way to far

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)