Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do to beat the heat?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:25 AM
  • 5 Replies

It was 90 here yesterday and today is not supposed to be much better.  No access to a pool and we don't have our air conditioner in yet.  What do you do to beat the heat?  8 months pregnant and dying over here :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wildsissy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:34 AM

well luckily I do have air and it's set to 72 around the clock.. but I do work in an office where I have access to control the air.. we keep it at 74 in the office.  Some ideas for you would be to go to a movie, go to the mall and just sit/walk around, go to a family/friends house that has air to hang out, the library, museum, even a school or village/town hall, fast food restaurant that has wifi you could bring your lap top. 

Take cold showers, keep cold rags near you all the time, cold water/drinks.  or what about getting that air conditioner in?

Since heat/dehydration can cause you to go into labor my midwife sent out emails specifically about this.  I've been renting movies and laying in bed with the fan blowing right on me (with the air on as well) and waiting until 8:30-9pm to walk my dog.  Otherwise the rest of the day I take him just around a few houses and back quickly. 

laylasmommy2006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:34 AM

im 38 weeks...and im dying here...even with central air on LMAO I wet a wash cloth (cold water) and lay it on the back of my neck or behind my knees. Hope that helps

luvmylife5
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Ugh that sucks momma, like the pp has said I would take cold showers or go to the mall where it is air conditioned. I am really blessed I can swim in our pool or just sit in the house, we have central air which is awesome.

Cold showers always worked for me when I was PG with my first son and we had not air conditioning, and then use the cold rags they work as well!

CafeMom Tickers                    

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 26, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Popsicles, and I don't turn the oven/stove on.. plus I have a few fans going plus the cieling fan lol.. it hasn't gotten that warm here yet though.

mstevens10
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I have my air on.. usually fans and I'm lucky to have a pool here at my house so I just go lay in there. Do you have somewhers you can go to get into some A/c for a while?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)