Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: insurance question

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

i am only asking this here bc this is the most active group i am in!

anyway we are thinking of getting health insurance through USAA whom we have our homeowners, flood & car insurance through (and love them) but i was wondering if anyone has their health insurance and have you had any problems?? i checked to make sure my kids pediatrician takes it and he does and so does my midwife and husbands doctor...AND its only $50 a week instead of $140 a week we pay through my husbands work for me, him and 2 kids.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM

hmm I dont know but, ill have to let hubby know about their pricing. If its a good insurance (which considering its USAA I doubt that its bad) then its well worth the money.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I don't have insurance through USAA, but if the deductibles/co-pays or however they have you set up is good...then I dont see why not.  I would try looking online for reviews of USAA health insurance too.  Is your insurance agent pretty good and honest about the pro's and con's of it?

rileysmommy229
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Quoting meam4444:

I don't have insurance through USAA, but if the deductibles/co-pays or however they have you set up is good...then I dont see why not.  I would try looking online for reviews of USAA health insurance too.  Is your insurance agent pretty good and honest about the pro's and con's of it?

the deductible for the hospital is $2500 same as what we currently have..im not sure about the insurance agent bc dh talked to them this morning and he is at work so i didnt get to talk to him long and the co pay is $20 our current co pay is $35....so it seems so much better but its just weird how much less it costs...so that is why i wondered about it

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I know a few people on USAA with major medical issues, and they are very well taken care of and content with the service. The rx setup is frustrating because sometimes they don't cover certain things (like any other insurance) but from what I know.. it's worth it.

MomNtheRes
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Wow, I'm with USAA and I didn't even know they had health insurance. I LOVE them for banking, and if my husband and I didn't have life insurance b/c we are military I would probably have that through them as well. If you find out please update! I'd be interested to know, I'm a bit worried what we will do for insurance once DH and I are done with our contracts if we want out. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Then, I guess I dont see why not.  Maybe they get extra funding/grants from the government since they are for military families?  I would have your DH ask straight out why they are so much less than your current health insurance.  Good luck! 

Quoting rileysmommy229:

Quoting meam4444:

the deductible for the hospital is $2500 same as what we currently have..im not sure about the insurance agent bc dh talked to them this morning and he is at work so i didnt get to talk to him long and the co pay is $20 our current co pay is $35....so it seems so much better but its just weird how much less it costs...so that is why i wondered about it

Anlice
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I didnt know USAA had health insurance??  Anyways, if their health insurance is like everything else they have Imsure its great! :) 

rileysmommy229
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:28 AM

i didn't know they had health insurance either until today my husband had called about a wreck we got in a couple weeks ago (the car is going to the shop today so USAA needed to send the money) anyway...we aren't military but husband got to be a "lifetime member" bc his mom was military...our insurance rates would sky high if we didn't go through them

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:36 AM

HAHA, USAA is awesome. We dont insure with them, but when we had banking and car insurance through them, they were AMAZING. :D

I dont think you can go wrong with USAA :)

kittin002002
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 AM

how do the benefits compare? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)