Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried! Anyone have this problem?! **UPDATE!!**

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM
  • 13 Replies

So this is my first pregnancy and I'm pretty unprepared and don't really know what to expect. My mom is helping me with what she can when shes home, but because she works full time 30 minutes away from the house so its hard to get help from her. Yesterday, I woke up with morning sickness. I actually had morning sickness in the morning! lol! But then for the rest of the day and even into today, I've been extremely sick! Thankfully I haven't puked, granted there are times I wish I would just to make me feel better. But everything is making me sick to my stomache. Just the thought of food, water, moving, anything just makes me so sick. If I'm not asleep I'm sick to my stomache... So has anyone else had this problem? And is there anything I can do to make it stop or at least make it not so bad?

**UPDATE!!**

So last night I went to the ER for excessive vomiting and dehydration, because I couldn't even hold water down. After a few hours they got me rehydrated and gave me zofran for the nausea. The doctor gave me two options to go with, I could have either stayed at the hospital and they could keep my on fluids and nutriants to keep me and the baby healthy so they could watch my condition, because I have a UTI and if the nausea presisted, or they could send me home and put me on zofran and phenergan for the nausea and keflex for my UTI. So the doctor thought it best if I try the at home treatment and if my conditioned worsened then I would need to come back to the ER. So now I'm on Keflex for my UTI and Zofran and Phenergan (only when I absolutly need it) for the nausea. Thus far I'm doing better, but extremely tired. I just hope that everything turns out okay.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and support!!

pregnant
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM

umm there are a lot of home remedies. if you start excessivly vomiting, that's when you have to call a dr. but for nausea, well that's just normal. sorry.. :( mine wasn't that bad)  but yeah, umm try some seasick pills. or preggo pops (google it)  or saltines and water (that one worked for me)

Kelseyciarah
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Yes I had the very same horrible all-day-sickness, the only thing that really helped me was an rx called Zofran, it helped loads! Sorry thats all that helped me, all that cracker/ginger ale mumbo jumbo didnt do a darn thing for me. Remember to keep hydrated or you might need a trip to the ER! Good luck!

Logansmommy34
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM

i had that with both my boys and this one on the way... rly the only thing that helped me with my first 2 was phenegran. and with this one... nothing has helped i got Zofran with this one too and it only takes the edge off but i havent been nearly as sick with this one than my boys. tell ure doc how sick you are maybe they can give you soething. but everyone is different unfortunately home remedies didnt work for me... have you tried gum??? that helps alittle with this one

KTLange
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Try sea bands, you can get them @ a local pharmacy-its used for sea sickness.  Also, I know its hard but try to keep something in your stomache at all times...being hungry causes the morning (all day) sickness to be worse.  Ice pops and fudge pops worked wonders for me...also watermelon is good cuz you get water intake with them.  Move slowly, deep breaths.  I still get sick now and then but mine was only REALLY bad for 2 weeks, then it went ot every other day and now its sometimes.  Good luck mama!

Pregnancy%20tickerLilypie Maternity tickers 

gregory2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Thats just part of it in the begining! sorry moma! like a pp said if your not eating it can make it worse throughout the day. Try to east small meals whether its just one cracker. Also try and stay hydrated thats all you can do, sorry it will go away I promise!

Briannas_mommy1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I had it bad with my daughter. Keep crackers by your bed and before even sitting up out of bed in the morning, eat a few...That should help a bit. Keep peppermints on you, those help and you can ever drink peppermint hot tea, that helped me so much.

Megara
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM

All-day nausea is completely normal - mine lasted for a couple of weeks :-/  What helped me was sipping ginger ale, sucking on peppermints, and taking vitamin B6.  The important thing is to stay hydrated, even if you feel you can't eat.  Make sure you are drinking enough to keep your pee clear to light yellow!  Any darker than that and you could be in danger of dehydration.

littlenikkidf
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM
Thanks! The crackers and water thing doesn't really help a whole lot. Granted I can eat lightly buttered bread and drink water with very little queasiness. I think I'll have my dad run up to the store for me here shortly so he can get me some popsicles or something, maybe that'll help. I have also been drinking a lot of water. So much that I have to go to the bathroom just about every 30 minutes or so. I'm just glad to know that there isn't something wrong with me and that I can depend on wonderful ladies like you to help me out when I don't know whats going on! Thank you ladies so much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessihernandez
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I found that sipping decaf green tea helped me get through my first trimester. Without that, I don't know what I would have done.

angelofhope
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM

I bought some prenatal vitamins called vitamin code and it helps with morning sickness.Here is a link to their site http://www.gardenoflife.com/Formulas/MultivitaminFormulas/RAWPrenatal/tabid/1821/Default.aspx

It doesn't take morning/ all day sickness completely away but it makes it bearable so you can function. I love them.

With all supplements make sure you discuss it with your doctor or midwife.

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)