Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a bad mom.

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:01 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow according to my EDD. The past two weeks I haven't been sleeping well. I'm moving slower, peeing more, and starting a week ago I'm really sore in my lower back, hips, pelvic area, and my vaginal area is really sensitive. I called my doula and she said it's completely normal. It's just softening and relaxing for birth. Well, for the past few days my lower back pain has increased and my hip last night felt like it was being slowly ripped out of socket. Needless to say, I didn't sleep too well. I just want to be done now. I'm not sleeping. I can't get comfortable to save my life. I've not got any energy. I went to two stores yesterday and I was so worn out. I know I need to wait for him to be ready...I feel like a bad mom saying I just want to be done now. :(

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MikeysMom51108
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:03 AM

You're not a bad mom!! I think we've probably all felt this way at least once during our pregnancies. It's a lot for our bodies to handle, and it can be really hard, especially at the end.

I'm 36 weeks too, and I've been *done* for a few weeks now!! I cannot wait for this baby to be out of my tummy!

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Monday night I sat up in bed and cried my heart out because I was feeling the same exact pains you're feeling. I'm not even 32 weeks yet, so i'm really scared of how i'm going to make due once i'm as far along as you. The only thing that helps me sleep now is NOT using a body pillow or any pillows between my legs.. just the one for my head. If I use any other pillows, my sciatic nerves get so pinched that I lose all feeling in my legs.

I feel your pain.. hang in there mama :(

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Hugs...Im so there with you some days!  I would try some hip rocking (like either go on your fours or bend on a counter and rock your hips)...perhaps partially the reason for the hip and back pain is the position of the baby (although end of pregnancy comes with those pains too).  It will allow him to get in a better position.  Or, I usually take a warm bath/shower to help with the pains.

Just take it easy...you are almost done!  Pregnancy doesn't last forever thank goodness!

mrspreggers14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Your not a bad mommy!!!  Pregnancy is a hard thing to go through!  And your almost done!!  Hang in there a little bit longer..

morethanme_you
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM

You are not a bad momma! You are an uncomfy, completely worn out, NORMAL pregnant woman!!! I'm 29 weeks with my 3rd (in three years) and my golly, I think I was "DONE" right around 20 weeks! It is tough but take it day by day, minute by minute, whatever you need to do!

tys0803
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Oh sweetie I am right there with ya and I'm just 34 weeks, but I'm short so I look about 38 weeks...lol...This pregnancy is a lot more difficult than my last one...Anemic and I have a hernia..what I wouldn't give to be able to grocery shop without feeling like I'm going to faint..it doesn't make you a bad mom at all..I think sometimes we just forget how rough the end can be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)