• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have a hard time breathing. I can hardly walk up my stairs without having to take a good 15-30 mins of deep breathing to calm down but that doesnt set my breathing right. I know i am out of shape but really this bad...?i have a history of heart problems in my family and i do have heart palpitations. if that is how you say it. I have had them since i was a kid but as i get older they kinda get worse. I know my bp is up so would that cause me to be so out of breath? I feel so weak and tired. I dont have insurance yet, waiting for that to get approved so i haven't been to the doctor. I am trying not to worry but i really want a midwife and i am nervous i am going to be high risk. anyone else go through this with their pregnancy?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kysmom642
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM

and i want to add that it is worse when i do something small like walk up the stairs or walk to my neighbors. if i clean and keep going it isnt as bad. idk it is weird.

Megara
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM
Shortness of breath is common - your baby is pushing on your diaphragm and lungs, making your lung capacity smaller than it used to be.
Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM

It's totally common. Don't worry too much. The only thing you can do is rest when you can, and try to stretch (reach for the sky). Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

kysmom642
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM

i am just 9 weeks though. i might be 10.. but if that is what is going on then whew. i was getting scared.

Quoting Megara:

Shortness of breath is common - your baby is pushing on your diaphragm and lungs, making your lung capacity smaller than it used to be.

Megara
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Your heart is beating faster because your blood volume is increasing, and your heart has to work harder to pump all that blood through. Your blood will keep increasing until about 28 weeks or so, but your heart will gradually get used to the extra work and you will feel better. Even if your uterus is not that big at this point, your organs can still be moving around and adjusting, and that could cause pressure on your diaphragm and lungs.
kysmom642
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM

thanks. makes me feel better =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)