• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

curious..has this happened to anyone?maybe a lil TMI, a lil long

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, so last thursday i was havin contractions. nothin to bad. over the last few days they were gettin stronger and felt them more and more, especially in my vaginal area. i had an appt on monday, had my NST,(nonstress test) for gestational diabetes, and my contractions were 6 min apart. they took me off and the doc checked me. she said i was about 2cm, still a lil posterior and that i was soft. anyways later that night i took a nice shower since it had been hott out and i was sweaty. well after i showered that night and even the past 2 days i havent had very many contractions like before. so i was wonderin if this has happened to anyone else? im 38 weeks and 6 days and hes my 2nd. my dd was due july 4th and came june 26th. im just really wantin this lil man out. im soo miserable cuz i cant get comfy and sex doesnt really seem to intrest me or the hubby that much lately. any help would be great. thanks ladies

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
millinco
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM

I'm going through this right now.  You should look up prodromal labor, it sounds like that is what you are dealing with.  The good news is that women who have a lot of prodromal labor tend to go a lot faster when they finally go into active labor.  Good luck! 

CafeMom Tickers
stellarluna
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I had prodromal labor for a couple of days and things like a shower or a glass of wine will stop those.  I spent two nights having some very painful contractions through the nice that I had to wake for and breath through, and I took a LONG LONG walk one evening and ended up in active labor around 3 pm the next day.  I also took a short walk that morning as I stopped to breath through contractions.  My labor was still 13 1/2 hours, but it was an easy labor at home.  Just stay upright and nature is bound to take over very soon!  You can have all of your early labor completed with prodromal, which is just getting to 4 cm.  Usually once you hit 4-5 cm you will go into active labor.  You're body's getting ready, it'll be any day now!  You're so close, be patient!!!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I had this early labor with my last pregnancy for a few weeks.  Just know your body is working those muscles that need to be worked for the real thing...your body is doing something despite the discomforts.  I hope your little one comes soon for you.  Hugs

grapejelly
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)