Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

31wks with really sharp pains

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hey everyone.. I haven't had any problems so far with this pregnancy but during the night i woke up with sharp pains in my lower stomach. It was stabbing pains that radiated down to my vagina. Well this morning it continued on and off then it quit for a while. It comes randomly and just now it hurt so bad that it almost made my knees buckle. I'm wondering if this could be part of the round ligament pain because its about in the same area my dr told me to expect it but I haven't had any type of pain or discomfort besidse a BH every now and then. There is no spotting or odd discharge. The baby is still moving like crazy.  Anyone had something similar to this?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

I'm pro life, circumcising, breast feeding, pro spanking Mom. I'm a ford driving, gun carrying , patriotic, conservative mom!  

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kisha89
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM

im 31 weeks too and get this REALLY SHARP PAIN right on like my coochie bone (tmi maybe lol) and its like a stabbing pain im not sure if thats where yours is, but monday at my doc appointment my midwife told me that its caused by the stretching of a certain ligament between my pelvic bones. and to take like hot baths, lots of fluids and tylenol idk if that will help you any cuz i've been gettin them since i was around 25 weeks.

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM

BUMP!

stellarluna
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM

probably normal, pelvic rocks can help in addition to what the first mommy suggested. I've had three and each pregnancy was more painful towards the end than the last! 

kisha89
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM

what exactly is a pelvic rock? stupid question im sure but with my first i NEVER got these :( and anything to make them hurt less or stop im willing to try lol

Quoting stellarluna:

probably normal, pelvic rocks can help in addition to what the first mommy suggested. I've had three and each pregnancy was more painful towards the end than the last! 

ColieO
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Sounds like round ligament to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstevens10
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Quoting kisha89:

im 31 weeks too and get this REALLY SHARP PAIN right on like my coochie bone (tmi maybe lol) and its like a stabbing pain im not sure if thats where yours is, but monday at my doc appointment my midwife told me that its caused by the stretching of a certain ligament between my pelvic bones. and to take like hot baths, lots of fluids and tylenol idk if that will help you any cuz i've been gettin them since i was around 25 weeks.

Thats EXACTLY  where it is... I figured it was normal and probably round lig pain but i haven't had any of that since being pregnant so this was like OMG take my breath away pain.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

I'm pro life, circumcising, breast feeding, pro spanking Mom. I'm a ford driving, gun carrying , patriotic, conservative mom!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)