Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets hear the comments from strangers today!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM
  • 2 Replies

I was at the store yesterday picking out some steaks for DF and I to grill for dinner, I was on my lunch break so I was dressed in nice office clothes... The butcher commented that I was dressed up and I said "Oh yeah, I'm just on my lunch break from work." He looked suprised and after a second commented..."Well ya won't be doing that much longer now will ya?"........I didn't really understand what he meant by that comment so I just kind of smiled and nodded... I'm just about 29 weeks now and am feeling great and I THOUGHT looking great to, apparently I look like I should be at home on bed rest or something... I don't know, I"m sure he didn't mean anything by it but it kind of annoyed me...I don't know what goes through peoples heads when they are around pregnant women...mabye we omit some hormone that causes temporary paralysis of the brain...

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
--Nicole--
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM

LOL, I liked your last line hahaha!! I'm sure he was just making conversation. I don't think people typically mean any harm.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:21 PM

I went to a concert (i was 35 weeks pregnant).  This lady puts her hand on my side and is like, "The head is right there because it is hard."  Im thinking...no the head is in my pelvis, and I am thinking you are touching my ribs hence the hardess...no baby at all is where you are feeling. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)